Hello, fellow Business Chicks and non-members,
It was a thrill to have your company this lunchtime and see what we might be able to do by all doing a little more about our daily choices, the health of our homes and the states of our minds. I hope to see a few new faces over on IG @lowtoxlife @_alexxstuart and you can grab my book which does a thorough sweep of all the things via Booktopia
Please take a second to sign up to the Low Tox Life newsletter because that’s the best way to receive a note about the podcast of the week and anything else happening. I’m a 1 email a week business, no more than that and you receive a gorgeous DIY Ebook with it.
Here is my little black book summary from the masterclass and a few extra bits that have come to mind as I noted everything for you and if you fancy joining us in the Low Tox Club, you’ll get access to a lovely member’s space, 50% off all of our courses, a monthly Q&A with me and special guests and an online member dash with exclusive club monthly themed ebook, all for just $49 per year – AND a special $20 OFF your first year, making it just $29 for the year, with a special Business Chicks code BC20OFF – Join the club here.
A couple of my favourite safe places to buy non toxic beauty and lifestyle products online, both Aussie companies.
- Nourished Life http://bit.ly/nourishedlifehomepage (Australia’s largest non toxic online beauty hub)
- BIOME http://bit.ly/BIOMEHOME (especially good for Australian focused brands)
- For overseas peeps Love Lula in the UK is fabulous as is Planet Organic, Naturalia and Bio C’bon in France and Wholefoods in the US are all great for your low tox needs.
We’ve also laid out a bunch of ‘safe stores’ ov er on our shop tab on the Lowtoxlife. com website.
A few other things I use and recommend in the Q&A if it helps!
- Food – I source from Wholefoods House in Rosebery, or from online for easy deliveries Ooooby.com.au, Lettuce Deliver Organics, Ethical Farmers, Charlie Arnott through Shiralee Meats.
- For parents with kids who are finding food navigation tricky – I have a Fussy Eating resource that will change your life for just $49. And bye bye nasties additive-reducing course that’s super handy for beginners and parents. All of our courses are listed here.
- Bar Soap – Make the change – brands I love are Dr Bronner’s, Weleda and Young Living for ethics/quality/low tox factor.
- Best self-tan brand http://bit.ly/ECOTANNourishedLife (Tan Organic is on that site too and new, and it’s fabulous as well!)
- My favourite deodorants – for the hardcore days Axilla http://bit.ly/axillanourishedlife (if you can get your man around to the idea of the paste, men love this one too! Zero stink factor!) and for every day Fresca I have used for years and love it http://bit.ly/FrescaUnscentedNL
- Stainless and glass drink bottle options to ditch single-use plastic bottles http://bit.ly/BIOMEglassbottles
- Water filters – It’s a must at the very least filter out the chlorine and herbicide/pesticide residues. I personally have the Biopot 1000 from WatersCo. We love it. Their little mini Waterman is a trooper too if you’re on a budget. The water actually tastes delicious. A great range here http://bit.ly/NLwaterfilters
- Air filter/dehumidifier – I have a Philips series 5000 filter/dehumidifier in the bedroom where I sleep to keep the air clean and humidity under 60% to prevent any mould growth. The Delonghi dehumidifiers are excellent, too.
- Hair colour – I use Natulique hair colour – 100% grey coverage. Vegetalement Provence in Redfern is amazing too for Sydney peeps and salons are starting to use more and more Natulique, Organic Colour Systems and Vegetalement Provence which is great!
Articles from my blog that might be of interest
- “But it says it’s natural” – 5 Greenwash ingredient slip-ups to look out for.
- 6 Reasons you want to ditch the phthalates https://www.lowtoxlife.com/7-reasons-you-dont-want-a-phthalate-touching-you-too-often/
- Make your own natural air freshener http://www.lowtoxlife.com/make-your-own-natural-air-freshener
- Keep your cleaning toxin-free with these 7 easy homemade cleaning products http://www.lowtoxlife.com/keep-your-cleaning-toxin-free-with-these-7-easy-home-made-cleaning-products
- Teflon – You might not realise, but it’s everywhere! http://www.lowtoxlife.com/teflon
- 40 Second homemade body scrub http://www.lowtoxlife.com/40-second-home-made-coffee-body-scrub
- My dental floss is made from WHAT? http://www.lowtoxlife.com/my-dental-floss-is-made-from-what
- Endocrine disruptive chemicals http://www.lowtoxlife.com/where-copycat-chemicals-lie-so-you-can-say-buh-bye
- Ditch the microbeads http://www.lowtoxlife.com/ditch-the-microbeads
- My Mould story – it’s a doozy but if it might help someone you know, please share it with them. Not enough people know mould is more than just annoying for some people it can be deathly.
- 10 Mould Foods to avoid while healing.
Joel Salatin, Pioneering farmer who is reversing desertification and restoring soil health WITH animal agriculture – the story that often isn’t told is we need animal poop for healthy soil and healthy topsoil reverses global warming.
So many more shows and we have a by-topic directory you can find here – Next week we celebrate 200 shows!
I hope this has helped you on your way to better choices for your health and for the planet! I loved spending a little time with you today inching forward in a great direction.
See you on the socials,
Low Tox. Healthy People. Happy Planet.