MOJO. Is yours intact? Do you feel energetic and bouncy or a bit tired and lacklustre?
Here's what we'll cover:
- Finding the Mojo Makers you enjoy
- An interview with naturopath Emma Sutherland with ideas on reclaiming your mojo
Take a little break from reading and focus on connection with YOU and what makes you feel awesome.
Chances are there are a few things in the busy modern life at play that can strip you bare of mojo, BUT you can find it again and by now you're noticing some common themes coming up again and again about what constitutes health. Here are some of the big MOJO makers:
- Real Food - lots of phyto and micro nutrients from veggies and fruit especially.
- Good gut health - jump ahead here if you're super keen.
- Movement - doesn't have to be back breaking. A nice walk qualifies.
- Quiet mind time - Read a book. Put your feet up with a cup of tea. Just a few minutes a day checking out of your life for a bit to recharge your adrenals.
- Fun - Laughing. Book some tickets to a comedy show or watch a funny movie.
- Rejection of perpetual, long term stress - carve out the calm!
- Rejection of environmental toxins within your control - if you're not signed up to Go Low Tox and this interests you, pop here to have a look.
- Balanced hormones - we've covered tips on this one in the hormone topic.
- Purpose in your work - whether it's your kids, your job or your business, having a sense of purpose is related to your energy levels.
- Strong human connections - when was the last time you caught up with someone fabulous that you adore and had a nice long lunch or dinner?
- A love for a hobby or community group that brings a big smile on your face.
If you've been under a rock, Dr Libby Weaver (PhD) is one of Australasia's leading nutritional biochemists, an author, a speaker and founder of the plant-based supplement range, Bio Blends. Armed with an abundance of knowledge, scientific research and a true desire to help women regain their energy vitality and MOJO, Dr Libby empowers and inspires people to take charge of their health. Have a listen to this podcast ep on how Dr Libby supports women.
Enjoy my interview with the lovely naturopath Emma Sutherland with some other great ideas to reclaim your MOJO.
Your mission today?
To think about 5 things that energise you. Write them down. You might find this silly but do it.
Force yourself to think about what fills up YOUR cup. Commit to carving out the time to do them all at some point in the next month (eat a particular food, be still, dip toes in the ocean, do some gardening, go see a movie with a good friend and debrief afterwards over a glass of wine... whatever it is!). Actually put them in your diary and don't budge on any of them. Again, it might feel silly, but do it. Looking after yourself well, is kind of like building up muscle - if you don't do it regularly you end up weak.
Share your favourite MOJO making tips that work for you in the comments.
Real Food. Happy Bodies.