Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
I’ve had the experience of diving deep into the science and practice of healing, so I’m really jazzed to share that, but sometimes our own experiences are just as important to keep in that conversation”. Ooh, this is a juicy interview indeed and Shamini is an excellent human I’m so happy to introduce to you – if you’ve been interested in neuroscience, and what things such as creativity, meditation, energetic healing, and the biofield have to do with preventing, treating and healing disease as well as enhancing our general sense of contentment and wellbeing, then this week is the show for you. Dr. Shamini Jain is a psychologist, scientist, and social entrepreneur. She is the founder and CEO of the Consciousness and Healing Initiative (CHI), a collaborative accelerator that connects scientists, health practitioners, educators, and artists to help lead humanity to heal ourselves. Her pioneering research in meditation, biofield healing, and psychoneuroimmunology has been featured in TIME, U.S. News and World Report, and CNN.
Questions I asked Shamini:
- Neuroscience first, then psychology and neuroimmunology – can you share a little insight into why you chose to broaden your studies and choose these three areas to begin with? What was your PhD topic?
- You did a post-doctoral fellowship at UCLA’s division of cancer prevention – firstly, very reassuring that people are actually studying prevention out there when all we hear is ‘cure’ talk. Can I ask, given everyone would love to know how to prevent cancer: What have been some of the key observations in your time there?
- When it does come to disease reversal, what have been some of the most powerful drivers you’ve seen for people that can potentially contribute to us being able to predict healing and remissions? Any patterns?
- Spontaneous remissions: They happen. There are several theories and ideas floating around as to why: What are yours?
- Can we talk about energy healing and placebo in relation to this?
- Can I ask what the biofield is and how harnessing its energy can speed healing?
- There seems to be one acceptable way to treat/cure and everything else is subjected to ridicule – how can we change this – is it as simple as ‘driven by money/power and an impenetrable system’ or can we have traditional and holistic medicine approaches work together somehow eventually?
- What published scientific research says about the healing power of holistic practices such as yoga, meditation, and energy healing
- What Meditative practices can we easily integrate into our daily life? What are a couple of your favourite practices to do for yourself?
Dr. Shamini Jain is a psychologist, scientist, and social entrepreneur. She is the founder and CEO of the Consciousness and Healing Initiative (CHI), a collaborative accelerator that connects scientists, health practitioners, educators, and artists to help lead humanity to heal ourselves. Her pioneering research in meditation, biofield healing, and psychoneuroimmunology has been featured in TIME, U.S. News and World Report, and CNN.
Dr. Jain obtained her BA in Neuroscience and Behavior at Columbia University, and her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and Psychoneuroimmunology at the UC San Diego/San Diego State University Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology. She conducted her clinical internship at the La Jolla VA hospital, and her post-doctoral fellowship at UCLA’s Division of Cancer Prevention and Control Research.
Dr. Jain is a member of the Evolutionary Leaders Circle. She serves as a board member and advisor for several nonprofit and social benefit companies, including Modern Spirit, Wacuri, and Leap Forward. She is also adjunct faculty at UC San Diego, and a member of UC San Diego’s Center for Integrative Medicine.
My good friend Helen Marshall created the Primal Alternative grain-free food brand to make the transition easier! With home-baked bread, pizza bases, wraps, granola, cookies, pastry and mixes responsibly packaged in compostable packaging – it’s a quality outsource that makes life easier.
Best of all, when you buy Primal Alternative, you are supporting a local producer AKA a Primalista. The Primalista community is a collaborative sisterhood of conscious food lovers who get to run their own business from home, around their lifestyle.
I’m such a fan of the Primal Alternative concept that I wanted to be part of the family – and in August this year, Primal Alternative launched a Brownie Mix with me which instantly became a best-selling product.
With the Primalista Licence, you get the Recipes & Resources to create a business that works for you and your lifestyle by producing and selling the Primal Alternative range to your local community.
The Licence gets you from A to B quicker than if you started a brand from scratch. The product development, branding, packaging, marketing, pricing, and compliance are all done- which means you can get started in your business, baking and earning money from home within 2-8 weeks.
The Primalista Licence is a proven model with a simple-to-follow system that has been replicated over the last 5 years by over 210 Primalistas in 4 different countries. This means there is more chance of your business being successful too.
Start a successful freedom-based business baking delicious, healthy food from your own kitchen.
Join an active community of like-minded Primalistas who support you on your journey.
OFFER: Helen is offering some amazing bonuses to really kick start your Primalista business…
A Baking Starter Kit worth over $620 including Personalised organic fair trade Primal Alternative apron, 1:1 Coaching Session with Primal Alternative Founder H, 6 Primal Alternative bread tins, 200 compostable cellophane bags, and 100 personalised labels for your first few bakes!
Over $1,000 of digital bonuses including H’s signature health coaching courses: Thrive & Set for Life as well as My Business Blueprint which is a values-based business planner and Aligning For Success a Tapping Course specific for Primalistas.
Get your FREE Info Pack and find out more about the Primal Alternative business opportunity plus that amazing Grain-Free Herb Bread recipe HERE.
Other Helpful Links:
Dr. Jain’s website: https://www.shaminijain.com/
Enjoy the show,