A Simple Smoothie Formula Recipe
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 2 large adult serves or 4 kids recess sizes
- 100 ml milk or water
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut or regular yoghurt
- 2 heaped tbsp Vital Proteins grass fed collagen (great for protein boost and amino acid ‘cocktail’ of goodness for your body) or another protein source if you’re vegetarian / vegan. .
- 1 heaped tbsp ground flax seeds (or ground linseed or other seeds or nuts if not at school)
- 1 heaped tbsp ground cinnamon* *The cinnamon is great for keeping your blood sugar even Stephens and the variation of which fruits you pop in keeps it exciting and new.
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 tbsp juice of 1 lime or lemon taste depending on how tangy you like it. If using Greek Yoghurt, you may not need the added tang at all)
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups mixed frozen and fresh fruit rough chopped
- 1 cup of each banana + lower sugar fruit combo
- 2 extra handfuls greens – add to any combo, any time!
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey (only if using a low sugar berries and need sweetness for “newer to less sweet stuff” people)
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 1/4 bunch parsley
Pop your frozen fruit into the blender and blend on highest setting for 5-6 seconds to chop it (speed 10 for Thermomix)
Pop everything else in and blend for 40 seconds until well combined. And there she is. Thick and luscious and ready to go!