Epic Salad Recipe
Servings: 6 people or 12 for a side dish at a BBQ with other offerings
- 2 bunches asparagus Cut in little discs all the way down and keep 2 bottom inches for soups down the track in the freezer. Too fibrous for eating raw.
- 1/2 large purple onion, cut finely
- 2 shoots spring onion, chopped fine all the way down
- 1 cup raw fennel, rough chopped OR shaved with a mandolin
- 1 bunch mint, rough chopped, without stalks – keep those for putting into herbal tea!
- 1/2 bunch parsley, rough chopped all the way down, stalks and all
- 1/2 bunch coriander, rough chopped all the way down stalks and all
- 1/4 cup dried currants (optional)
- 1/2 cup ‘breakfast crunch’ from my book (or 1/2 cup toasted nuts and seeds)
- 2 large chilis, , fine chopped with only half the seeds (or all seeds if whole party loves a bit of heat)
- 4 handfuls assorted mixed leaves that you have at hand
- 3 cups chopped chicken and a good couple of tablespoons of the pan juices with it
- 1/2 bunch parsley, stalks and all chopped down into inch chunks
- 1/2 bunch coriander, stalks and all, chopped down into inch chunks
- 1/2 large red chili, no seeds
- Juice of 2-3 lemons ( (depending on juiciness. do 2 initially then add the 3rd if not citrusy enough once mixed)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 pinches salt
FOR THE DRESSING
Blitz in a good blender, thermomix (sp 6, 8 seconds) or mini food processor like the kenwood tri blade until creamy and thick.
Now, pour it over the salad and mix through with your hands preferably, so everything gets really well coated with the dressing.
Eat your salad. Yum. xx