What to cook when you’re in the door at 7pm and starving? Use your Stock. Stock. Stock. There is no better way to create instant meals that are ridiculously nourishing AND taste divine, than with high quality stock. Enjoy this incredibly quick fish soup for one! If there’s more of you, just multiply it out how ever many times you need it!
6 Minute Fish Soup Recipe
- 1 cup fish stock You can check out my '10 reasons to make your own stock' post here.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cavolo nero or spinach rough chopped
- 1 cubed fillet salmon (you could easily use barramundi or ling if you prefer white fish, or that's what you have at hand. OR you could use 6 prawns and a few mussels)
- handful fresh coriander leaves (parsley will do fine too)
- 1 sliced spring onion, chili or left over noodles or rice as optional extras I'm addicted to kelp noodles at the moment.
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp dulse or kelp (optional adds bucket loads of minerals to your meal!
Get the fish stock & water on the boil
Add your greens and then your dulse flakes / kelp if using
Add your salmon, cubed into inch squared pieces
Poach for 2 minutes on a fast boil
Add coconut milk, stir through gently and turn off the heat
Pour all into a bowl. Add coriander, chopped spring onion and chilli if you’re using
Add a tbsp or two of cooked rice if you’re using
How easy is that? You could easily create a chicken or beef version with the different stocks for this. When ever I come up with or learn a fab, fast recipe, I think about the substitution possibilities, so with this recipe, if you used chicken + chicken stock or beef + beef stock or veggies + veggie stock, you’ve effectively learnt to cook 4 new recipes that give you a nourishing, budget friendly meal in under 10 minutes. Find this and more tips on Facebook if you’ve not yet joined me there!
Real Food. Real Fast