I wanted to make a little treat to take to friends for dinner. This is what happened. Simple. Decadent. New age vibes. Old school satisfaction. Best enjoyed straight from the freezer.
Don’t tell anyone they’re in there. Hopefully your kids aren’t tall enough to access them.
Enjoy at your leisure. You’re welcome. That pretty plate is a Kim Wallace ceramic plate.
Packed with good stuff. Real Food. Happy Bodies.
Black Tahini Peanut Chocolate Bites Recipe
- 1/3 cup cacao (30g)
- 1/3 cup carob (40g)
- 1/3 cup black tahini (90g)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (100g)
- 4-6 tbsp maple syrup or ricemalt syrup (40-70g) – to taste
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter (60g)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (optional)
For GARNISH - mixed in a bowl, ready for dipping the bites into
- 1/3 cup white sesame
- 1/3 cup black sesame
- Melt the coconut oil if not already melted. Whisk everything in together. (Thermomix / MyCook = Speed 6, 15 seconds, scrape down, further 10 seconds)
- Pour into a small tray lined with baking paper, of about 25 x 15cm so it’s deep and can be cut into cubes once it’s set. You don’t want a ‘bark’ vibe too flat.
- Set in freezer for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Pull out of freezer and cut into squares with a good knife.
- Dip squares into sesame. Your warm fingers will melt the outsides enough to stick the sesame to all sides.
- Once well coated, pop onto a plate and pop all the bites back into the freezer.