This recipe just happened one day. It’s one of those really easy dishes that makes you look like you really know your way around a kitchen – I’m all for making you look like a cooking god with little effort or time! You can stuff double the chicken breasts and freeze half to cook another time with ZERO PREP TIME to look forward to! Fabulous…
Real Food. Happy Bodies.
Cashew Kale Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 free range or organic chicken breasts, opened out gently with a sharp knife and flattened out, ready for adding the filling.
- 100 g cashew nuts (soaked and roasted or just plain roasted)
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 3 tbsp macadamia oil or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic (if you love garlic, go up to 3 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 40 g butter (coconut oil is fine instead, but please, no margarine or vegetable oil. They’ve been lying to you. It’s super bad for you!)
- Once your chicken breasts are opened out and ready to stuff, pop your cashews, chives, kale, macadamia oil, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt into a mini food processor. Blitz until the consistency is a fine pesto.
- Now turn your pan onto medium, with the butter. Also, pre heat your oven to 180 celcius.
- While the pan is warming up, divide the mixture into 4, putting each quarter into the centre the the opened chicken breasts. Fold them over firmly, no need to toothpick or tie.
- Pan fry on both sides for 2 minutes a side, then pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once you take them out of the oven and put on a plate to rest for a further 5 minutes, you can add 1/2 cup chicken stock to the pan, putting it back on the stove, to deglaze for 2 minutes on medium. This creates a lovely little sauce with the pan juices, butter, bits of pesto that have come off the chicken and the stock – delicious!
- You’re done. Serve the chicken breasts halved or cut into thick 3rds along side a mountain of assorted greens or a beet & carrot mash, or some honey roasted carrots.