Coffee Mocha Butter Frappe – Zoolander anyone?
Given all the chats I had sharing the Republica Organic story on the podcast this month, it got me thinking – could I create something smoothie like for the morning with enough nutrients to make your morning coffee a breakfast as well, while we were at it?
The answer according to my husband and next door neighbour is yes. Yes I could. I hope you enjoy it and please do make the most of the only offer of 25% off with Republica as our podcast supporter this month. Supporting fair trade organic is the way forward! LOWTOXLIFE is your code. HERE is the website.
No doubt one of you peeps will take a prettier photo than me – tag me @lowtoxlife on instagram if you try it. It’s a nice way to get the day going, whether you opt for the caffeine or not.
Real Food. Happy people. Happy planet
Coffee Mocha Butter Frappe Recipe
- 2 tsp Republica organic Swiss water process instant decaf melted into a tablespoon of hot water or a shot of espresso
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder also melted into 2 tbsp hot water (combine with top step to make it quicker)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or melted butter (Bulletproof style! Optional)
- 2 tbsp protein powder of your choice – If you have a chocolate one, you can omit the cocoa above
- 8 pcs ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- Blend it all in a high-speed blender for about 30 seconds until well combined.
- Pour into 2 glasses (or have a large one to yourself)
- Enjoy your morning kick!