You may have heard, I’m on a quest to incorporate cooling, soothing chokos into gorgeous dishes. This dish is just so darn FRESH. Perfect for hot weather or days when you feel the need to eat something completely cleansing and pure, or a great little appetiser for lunches in the summer time. It’s super easy and leaves you feeling like a green light has been turned on inside you, giving you, bright eyes, lightness and energy.
Real Food. Happy Bodies
Cool Green Soup Recipe
- 200 g cucumber
- 200 g avocado (about 1.5 avocados)
- 200 g steamed and cooled Choko (or steamed zucchini if you can’t get chokos)
- 200 ml chicken or vegetable stock, depending on your preference
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted.
- 2 tbsp coriander (swap for basil if you prefer, and drop to 1 tablespoon because of its intensity)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup steamed and cooled peas (optional) if you want a little sweetness, they’re a great addition!
Optional Garnish Ideas
- easy peasy kale chips
- goats curd
- fine sliced purple onion
- toasted, salted crushed nuts
- crumbed parmeggiano reggiano or gran padano
- Cut away all the skin of your choko. chop the inside up into chunks, and steam for 20-30 minutes, until tender. I did this while the morning routine was happening, so it was cooling in the fridge until it was ready to go into the soup.
- Put all ingredients into your vitamix, thermomix, blitzer of choice. Blitz until super smooth.
- Taste and add salt if needs be.
- Pour into your bowls. Garnish however you like. I like the idea of doing little bowls of lots of different garnishes so that people can choose their own depending on flavour preference and food sensitivity. It’s a nice way to not force people to ‘be difficult’.