It’s like a meal title from a Dr Seuss book, and it’s cracking in more ways than taste.. How’s 20 minutes in the making and $14 dollars to feed 4 people a delicious organic meal. Soothing, restorative and warming. I love the ‘stick mix’ method of soup making when you’re strapped for time – You don’t need to chop anything with precision, as it’s all about to be puréed. This soup forgives you, just get everything in the pan already and enjoy!
So yummy, right? Let’s have one more pic, shall we?
Garnish and Accompaniment ideas
To make the brown butter hazelnuts, smash some whole activated hazelnuts in a tea towel, with a rolling pin.
Then pan fry in a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil until brown for a couple of minutes, finishing them off in the oven for 10 minutes on 180C/350F. Cool or use warm, and sprinkle onto your soup as a delicious, nutty garnish for some crunch!
Or you could do…
- Chia seed sprinkle – Add texture, fibre, calcium and omega 3 nourishment with those little bad boys. A teaspoon should do it!
- Fresh parsley – need I say more?
- Fresh basil in season
- A quenelle of fresh goats curd for some tang and acidity
- Finely chopped spring onions
- Garlicky Croutons
- Fresh mint
- Crushed toasted nuts
Real Food. Happy Bodies
Cracking Cruciferous Soup Recipe
- 50 g butter (tallow, duck fat or coconut oil if you’re dairy free)
- 1 medium sized red onion, rough chopped
- 3 medium sized leeks, rough chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled. (smashed. no need to chop)
- 600 g cauliflower, rough chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, rough chopped
- 1/2 bunch black tuscan cabbage, rough chopped (or 2 handfuls baby spinach, or 4 chard/spinach stalks)
- 1.25 litres chicken stock (or veggie stock if you’re vegan / vegetarian)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt (or pure salt of some kind, just not man made)
- 1/2 cup additive free pouring cream or coconut milk (optional. It will add body, creaminess and a ‘stick to your ribs’ nourishment if you’re super hungry)
- Pop butter in the pan with the leeks and onion & soften until slightly golden.
- Add the Garlic, veggies, thyme and salt and sauté for a minute or two. Then top with the chicken / veggie stock.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and blitz with your stick mixer, adding the cream / coconut milk at this point if you’re adding it!
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as you like!
- You’re done.
Yum… I am going to cook this one tonight as I have all of these ingredients in my fridge by chance!
Yay. That means you’ve had it by now. Hope you loved it as much as I do & thx for taking the time to comment 🙂
The gender chart Behind True Sony Projector Lights
This looks so delicious and full of nutrition. Can’t wait to try this Alexx!