I was sick with a virus the past few days and nothing says “I love you” better than a bowl of soup when you catch stomach or swallow much else. I also didn’t fancy going out shopping so I did the best with what I had and this little number is DElicious capital D. It’s not dissimilar to the cracking cruciferous soup but it’s simpler in ingredients and packs a curry punch which I LOVE. All those spices carry therapeutic magic too of course, so it’s great to get them in there.
I hope you love it. It’s one of those recipes you can have ready 30 minutes from making it. Start to finish.
Dairy free creamy curried broccoli and onion soup
- 1.5 large heads broccoli, florets cut off from the stalk and then stalks
- 2 large purple onions, rough chopped
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 500-600 ml chicken or vegetable stock/broth
- 1 heaped tablespoon curry powder (mild/med/hot doesn't matter, just your favourite!)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt - to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (you can use 1 tsp dried coriander or 2 drops pure coriander essential oil in place)
- Pop the oil and the chopped onions into a large saucepan and fry on medium until well golden.
- Add your broccoli florets and curry powder and fry for 1 minute
- All liquids, coriander and salt
- Bring to boil and cook on low/medium for 20 minutes
- Blitz with a stick blender and serve with fresh coriander on top, toasted seeds, croutons or just plan and delicious as it is. Totally restorative on a wintery night or if you're feeling under the weather.