Sometimes you just want a 15 minute meal, start to finish. You might also want that same meal to be nourishing, filling, soothing and delicious – Not too much to ask! This lazy soup is just fab if you have a few wilted greens, left over veggies or beautiful fresh veggies you want to celebrate and make use of. The point is, it’s quick, idiot proof and it’s all of the above criteria!
So delicious. I hope you think so too!
Real Food. Fast. Happy People!
Easy Coconut + Veggie Soup
- 1 tin Ayam coconut cream (no additives and no BPA lining in the tin- love that!)
- 2 litre veggie or chicken stock (if you use veggie stock then this dish is vegetarian, vegan, you name it!)
- 2 cloves garlic, whole is fine!
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley or coriander
- 4 cups assorted greens Some left over roast veggies, some limp veggies, a couple of zucchini, roughly chopped, maybe some broccoli, spinach (whole leaves fine, just tear them and pop in).
- Some fresh coriander, spring onion and / or croutons for garnish (optional. gluten free of course if you do better without gluten like me!)
- sea salt to taste
Put a saucepan on the stove on medium heat and if you have time, chop an onion roughly and sizzle for 5 minutes (not, however, essential to the soup!)
Add the chicken stock, 1/2 tin coconut cream (or the whole lot for added richness and full coconut flavour)
Add your veggies, herbs and 2 garlic cloves.
Simmer 10 minutes and switch off the heat.
Get the stick blender out and whizz everything into a creaminess in the sauce pan.
Serve in bowls and garnish if you have the fresh herbs at hand.
Serve with your favourite crusty bread, gluten free loaf or enjoy in a cup – plenty of nourishment per serve to do away with the bread altogether!