This variation stems from my Super Seedy Snack Bar. So easy. You can find that here!
This is an easy, nutritious snack to make in batches, ready for a busy person’s day. I wanted to prove that we could do gluten and sugar free without the festival of additives that manufacturers use, when they do gluten or sugar free snacks. Parents struggle with the ‘nut free zone’ restrictions, and the parents of allergic kids struggle equally! So voila, something that most everyone can enjoy! Those without nut allergies can swap that 100g of seeds or a portion of the 100g, for finely chopped activated almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts… whatever you like!
When you make them, be sure to share your efforts on Facebook with all of us!
Real Food. Happy Bodies.
Easy Cranberry Coconut Snack Bar Recipe
- 100 g mix of pumpkin & sunflower seeds*
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice malt syrup (available at your nearest health food store or in Australia, Coles stocks it.)
- 20 g butter
- 15 g dried cranberries*
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (toasted dry in a pan for a couple of minutes makes it even more delicious)
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Melt your butter
- Add your rice syrup
- Let this bubble up for 1 minute on medium heat. No more, or it will become too brittle
- Turn off the heat
- Add seeds, coconut and chopped cranberries
- Pour it out onto unbleached baking sheet and press into a square, about 1 cm high
- Pop in fridge for just 20 minutes to set. Take out. Cut into 8 bars and store in a jar for up to a fortnight – as if they’ll last that long!