So this morning, there was some leftover quinoa in the fridge after making the Quinoa, pesto & Caramelised onion yesterday (YUM!!!) – enter light bulb moment here & the delicious quinoa coconut chocolate breakfast porridge that followed about 2 minutes later! A fabulous and speedy breakfast for a cold winter’s morning, giving you energy, nourishment and total satiety. Love that!
If you’re new to quinoa, I’ve just written an introductory post on it here for you on how to prepare and cook it and what to use it in!
Enjoy breakfast… or a midnight snack and if you fancy sharing your version on instagram, we’re over at @lowtoxlife.
Real Food. Happy Bodies.
Fast Quinoa Coconut Chocolate Porridge Recipe
- 1 cup already cooked quinoa, ready to go! Red or White, no matter – the red quinoa will give you a nuttier taste if that’s something you love.
- 3 heaped tbsp coconut cream (Ayam Brand is unadulterated and solid, so if you can only get a liquidy coconut cream that’s been emulsified, measure 6 tablespoons of the liquid)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, rice malt syrup or raw honey (use 2-3 drops of stevia if sugar free)
- 2-3 tsp raw cacao powder or dutch processed cocoa
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional) but I love the crunchy little things, and packed with awesomeness
- 50-80 ml coconut milk or nut milk (optional) if you like a liquidy porridge, it could be nice to pour a little of the milk over the top to finish, once in the bowl
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes / shredded coconut or a combination of seeds and toasted coconut as I’ve done below
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 pinches vanilla bean powder (optional)
- Put the quinoa, coconut cream, maple syrup, cocoa powder and chia seeds in a saucepan and stir and heat for about 2 minutes until well combined and hot. Plop into 2 bowls and top with your garnish et voila! How easy…