Do you need a salad? I need a salad. I adore shaved fennel and adding bigger flavours like herbs and something sweet to it. This simple salad is a great side to fish, chicken or prawns. I served it on the weekend for some dear friends who were round for dinner and we found out they were 11 weeks pregnant – Don’t you love that? More beautiful babies in the world with super cool parents.
I hope you enjoy it!
Real Food. Happy Bodies.
Fresh Fennel Salad Recipe
- 2 medium-large heads fennel shaved with a mandolin or super fine sliced with a good knife
- 2 mangoes chopped into little chunks (out of season you could use 2 oranges or pears)
- 1-2 bunch mint, leaves broken off
- 1 full bunch parsley, chopped roughly, stalks and all
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons or 3 limes, fresh squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine fennel, mango and herbs in a large bowl and toss together with your simple dressing of olive oil and lemon juice.
Season to taste and serve. So simple.