Slaw dressing and creamy supermarket dressings are bad news. They’re usually made with refined ingredients like hydrogenated vegetable oils, soyabean oil, artificial sweeteners, gels, additives and sugar beet syrup, often GM sourced. Oh but the creaminess and the sweetness, I hear you cry? Try this instead. It’s so delicious with avocado to create the creaminess instead. Taking minutes to prepare, you won’t need to reach for a store bought creamy dressing again!
Slaw Dressing Recipe
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil or a cold pressed mild tasting oil of your choice)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup (you could use coconut or maple syrup, but I try for low to no fructose whenever possible )
- Juice of 1 lemon (do half a lemon if you don’t like it too tangy)
- cracked pepper and a pinch of salt
- Put all ingredients into your blitzer of choice. Blitz until creamy smooth. You’re done.
Mix through any number of salad styles, shredded veggies like cabbage, beetroot, fennel and carrot work really well as does a rocket (arugula) salad, for a contrasting creamy sauce with a sweet kick or a waldorf or potato salad.
Real Food. Happy Bodies