Nutty banana blueberry ice cream is what happens when I see too much literature in one day about all the weirdness in commercial ice cream and low fat yoghurt chains. It’s my way of giving them the finger by saying ‘bugger your weirdness, THIS is a real treat’. This takes 10 seconds to whiz together. Enjoy!
Real Treats. Happy Bodies.
Nutty Banana Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 frozen bananas, roughly chopped
- Handful of frozen blueberries (optional)
- 3 tbsp coconut cream "top" that’s the hard stuff that rises to the top of a can when you refrigerate it
- 1 handful nuts of your choice we did activated hazelnuts tonight. So good.
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon*
TOPPING - (all optional. Just the above is awesome all by itself)
- blueberries scattered over the top (these are blueberries I defrosted in a pan quickly on the weekend and popped in a jar for use over the week)
- a few extra hazelnuts
- bee pollen (getting fancy now, I know. I had some in the pantry so I thought: why not!?)
- toasted coconut flakes
- Chop your bananas, chuck everything else in with them to the Thermomix and blitz on 8 for 3 seconds. Scrape sides down and blitz a further 5 seconds. Done.
- Now, before you become devastated that you might not be able to do this – you can use any high quality blitzing appliance. I used to do this in the mini food processor that came with the Kenwood Triblade. They’re only $110 retail. Great result. Vitamix does this well too!
- So serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy. Real instant ice cream. No weirdness. Still not sure why we need to ditch supermarket ice creams? read here for my wrap on those. Worse still, my wrap on low fat 'ness' here.