Now onto the show…
Dr Gina Martins and Dr Evan Sgammotta are wonderful holistic practitioners that I’ve invited on the show to discuss not only the field of Chiropractic and to give you a better understanding of its breadth, but also one of its star components – Neuro Emotional Technique. NET is a mind-body technique that uses a methodology of finding and removing neurological imbalances related to the physiology of unresolved stress. NET is a tool that can help improve many behavioural and physical conditions and the examples they give during our chat will definitely highlight the potential for its power in keeping your emotional / physiological responses in check, clearing tensions and blocks when they build up.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
- Everyone is aware they need to get check ups at the dentist, etc… but no-one seems to be aware you need to get our spine and nervous system checked too! It’s part of servicing your body.
- The nervous system controls all the organs in the body, if the nervous system is compromised then it’s not going to be running at capacity. It’s a Chiropractors job to find out where the interferences are occurring and gently correct these.
- NET came about when people were being treated for their physical pain, but after their treatments the pain still remained, despite the fact that the physical / structural issues had been rectified… so the problem was identified to be an emotional one – and Neuro Emotional Technique was born.
- NET is based on 4 key principles – the structure of the body, the emotional and mental health, toxins and the homeopathic side, and lastly there’s the nutrition aspect.
- 10 – 20 minutes of meditation a day – this is the one thing that both Gina and Evan recommend for each of us to practice to become an active participant in our own healing process.
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE: There are a lot of things in our lives that we do, that don’t make sense, pay attention to your daily or weekly routine, and see if you can identify a few things that you do that don’t serve you or your health. Think about what you would do if you had a week off. List your top 5 things that you would be doing in that week off (pure joy stuff) then challenge yourself to put at least two of these into you next week somewhere. You may be surprised to discover the impact a few small changes could make!
Here are all the important links:
Chiropractic Healthquarters website
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet