This month’s show supporter – the amazing Weleda. One thing I love about them is their fair trade promise: they have such beautiful products, that are not just delicious but ethically sourced from all over the world. They have the extremely hard to get UEBT certification, which has to do with the ethics of doing business and currently have over 50 fair trade partnerships worldwide farmers and growers worldwide. A few examples for you – Alicante in Spain for organic almonds, Arequipa in Peru for organic Ratanhia, and Bessarabia in Moldova for organic lavender – just beautiful. Now if you’re concerned about the carbon footprint of these products then you may be interested to know that about 89-90% of a products carbon footprint is produced before it leaves the farm gate. So travel miles are one of the smallest components of a products carbon footprint, it’s MUCH more about how that product is farmed and grown, so with Weleda dealing in biodynamics, we can be super comfortable knowing that we’re supporting a brand who are doing the right thing by people with their fair trade commitments, and the planet with the organic and biodynamic partners all over the world.
Exclusive offer: 20% off the entire range of WELEDA products* + FREE Shipping over $29.95 – Available from www.weleda.com.au – Code: LOWTOXLIFE
*excludes gift packs, promotions and gift cards. Free shipping applies to total value of products.
Now onto the show…
Dr Gina Martins and Dr Evan Sgammotta are wonderful holistic practitioners that I’ve invited on the show to discuss not only the field of Chiropractic and to give you a better understanding of its breadth, but also one of its star components – Neuro Emotional Technique. NET is a mind-body technique that uses a methodology of finding and removing neurological imbalances related to the physiology of unresolved stress. NET is a tool that can help improve many behavioural and physical conditions and the examples they give during our chat will definitely highlight the potential for its power in keeping your emotional / physiological responses in check, clearing tensions and blocks when they build up.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
- Everyone is aware they need to get check ups at the dentist, etc… but no-one seems to be aware you need to get our spine and nervous system checked too! It’s part of servicing your body.
- The nervous system controls all the organs in the body, if the nervous system is compromised then it’s not going to be running at capacity. It’s a Chiropractors job to find out where the interferences are occurring and gently correct these.
- NET came about when people were being treated for their physical pain, but after their treatments the pain still remained, despite the fact that the physical / structural issues had been rectified… so the problem was identified to be an emotional one – and Neuro Emotional Technique was born.
- NET is based on 4 key principles – the structure of the body, the emotional and mental health, toxins and the homeopathic side, and lastly there’s the nutrition aspect.
- 10 – 20 minutes of meditation a day – this is the one thing that both Gina and Evan recommend for each of us to practice to become an active participant in our own healing process.
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE: There are a lot of things in our lives that we do, that don’t make sense, pay attention to your daily or weekly routine, and see if you can identify a few things that you do that don’t serve you or your health. Think about what you would do if you had a week off. List your top 5 things that you would be doing in that week off (pure joy stuff) then challenge yourself to put at least two of these into you next week somewhere. You may be surprised to discover the impact a few small changes could make!
Here are all the important links:
Chiropractic Healthquarters website
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet