Now onto the show…
This is a cracker of a jam-packed show where I discuss the relevance of the MTHFR mutation with naturopath Carolyn Ledowsky along with a few other key genes, and why, for people who’ve hit a real road blog in bettering their health, gene testing can be not only useful but essential – especially in the matters of chronic illness and pre conception care. If you know someone who hasn’t had a baby yet or has struggled to fall pregnant – please I implore you to share this show with them. For everyone else? SO MANY HEALTH WISDOM NUGGETS.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– What is the MTHFR gene, and what it means to be heterozygous or homozygous
– Why is it really important to get tested?
– The methylation cycle and the significance of B12
– How to safely bypass seeing a practitioner if it’s not an option for you, and how to take steps to improve your health yourself.
– Ways to navigate the best support plan possible along the way
– The importance of knowing the outcome of your test during the pre-conception phase
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE: Try to get back to good nutrition, avoid the crappy stuff, try to make sure you’re not too stressed, and sleep!
Here are all the important links:
MTHFR Support Australia – you can buy your testing kit here too
Resources on Testing for MTHFR, Treatment and supplements, and pre-conception
You can find the B12 webinar here
Here’s a link to the book Carolyn talks about Eat Wheat, by John Doulliard
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet