Important listener information: We’ve become an independent show as Brooke has decided to close Jackrabbit FM. We’re great and still wonderful friends so no need to worry BUT that means, in the transfer to becoming our own show, we lost ALL reviews. Devastated. Could you pop in and leave us one if you’ve enjoyed the show?
How to leave a review on ITunes on your phone?
Don’t be “in your show” where you see all the episodes, you won’t be able to do it. Just go to general podcast app and hit the search icon. Type in Low Tox Life. DON’T click on one of the single episode /shows that comes up, click on the Low Tox Life square tile. Once clicked on that, you’ll see 3 tabs: Details. Reviews. Related. Click subscribe, then click reviews and there you can write your review. 2 words, 1 sentence, biggest AHA… Doesn’t matter, just for you to leave one is so much appreciated and helps us stay visible in ITunes charts and Thrive. Thanks so much guys, Alexx x
Firstly, a treat from this month’s show supporters… Earthing Oz and 180 Nutrition
Earthing Oz is a beautiful Australian company passionate about electromagnetic radiation education and passionate about teaching people how to earth – which is all about getting skin contact with the ground, with nature. They also recognise it’s not always possible to get earthed to nature and carry a range to help create those benefits, wherever we are. Their range is especially useful to people in highly urban environments or sensitive to EMFs who get that buzzy feeling. Earthing Oz have a whole shop dedicated to helping us feel grounded with products they provide for around the home. Two things I love from their store are the Defender Pad Lap Top Radiation and Heat Shield and the Half Sheet Sleep System, both of which you can also travel with. If you’ve had a building biologist come to the house and find a lot of dirty electricity through your home, this is a great way to get earthed and not be affected by that voltage. Both of those items are brilliant ways either in the winter or in urban / office environments, to balance out those ions and stay grounded. If you’re like me and experience a buzzy feeling around your body when you spend too much time around technology this could be really helpful for you at work or at home. I can’t wait to see the results that you guys have!
20% off the entire Earthing Oz range online using the discount code LOWTOXLIFE (excluding already discounted packs). Go HERE to shop.
And a second offer for you!
The co-founder of 180 nutrition Guy Lawrence will be on the show in a few of weeks to discuss out there alternative forms of healing and stillness finding. The team also makes one of the best protein powders I have ever sampled and I know a LOT of low toxers who adore the range. They care very much about where their ingredients are sourced from, using only pesticide-free almonds. Use it with your favourite milk, cinnamon and banana to set you up for the day or saving you from the 3pm slump brownie you were thinking of choosing (although I can forgive you if it’s mum’s brownie recipe! 😉 ). It’s a gorgeous high quality protein powder so make the most of the 4 serves offer to try a couple of the range products.
Two 180 Nutrition protein powder sample packs that have two serves each. You get to try two different flavours! All you need to cover is the $7.95 postage and handling. Grab them HERE. You absolutely won’t regret it!
Now onto the show…
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- Electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) are created when an appliance is induced such as boiling the kettle. Generally it won’t be an issue however problems may arise when you’re sleeping in environments with high EMFs or exposed to high levels constantly. EMFs can interfere with melatonin, hormonal cycles and sleep cycles. You don’t want your bed next to devices that emits high EMF. Examples: digital clock radio, smart meter, fridge, inverters.
- It is important to locate smart meter panels away from the home such as in a garage or shed. With solar panels, the conversion of solar energy to electricity creates a lot of “dirty power” in a building wiring which can disturb people with high sensitivity to EMFs. It is important to make sure the inverter is away from the home to reduce sensitivity if solar energy is used.
- Adverse health effects associated with wireless technology have been studied across different countries in Europe. These studies revealed higher incidences of brain tumours amongst people who used their mobile phones consistently on one side of the head for 30min or more per day over 10 years.
- Cordless phones are worse than mobile phones as they’re emitting radio frequencies 24 hours a day. It’s better to remove these from the home. Hardwired connections and hardwired corded phones are a much better option. When using a mobile phone, use the loud speaker function or an ear piece for a safer alternative.
- The best option for internet at home is to have a hardwired cable connection – no wireless in the home is best. The other option is to power the router down: go on the internet, find the manufacturer, put in the model number and power it down to 95% less than the current mode, ensuring that it’s only beaming where you need connectivity in the home. Only put it on when you need it, turn it off at night. It should be away from where people sleep or spend a lot of time.
- Ethernet cables make a difference if you have a WI-FI modem. Dual function modems can still be beaming high levels of radio frequencies even if you turn the wireless component off. You have to turn it off at the wall so it stops emitting all together. A cable modem that doesn’t have a wireless component is the best option.
- If children are using devices, once they’ve downloaded an app, turn the device on flight mode so they don’t get constantly exposed to radio frequencies.
- Other devices to watch out for: wireless printers emit high levels of radio frequencies and they’re often close to you when you work in an office. Baby wireless monitors emit radio frequency levels that are often similar to what we pick up from a mobile phone tower, so no wonder some babies can’t sleep. A hard wired cable monitor is a better option.
And here are all the important links:
All the resources Nicole mentions as well as information about her upcoming book “Healthy Home Healthy Family” and her courses can be found on her website buildingbiology.com.au.
CERTIFIED US -based building biologists can be found HERE.
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show graphic tile, NOT an individual show link and on the next screen click ‘review’. Annoyingly round about, but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet