People find it hard to leave a review on ITunes – and rightly so, if you don’t know how!
How to leave a review on ITunes on your phone?
Don’t be “in your show” where you see all the episodes, you won’t be able to do it. Just go to general podcast app and hit the search icon. Type in Low Tox Life. DON’T click on one of the single episode /shows that comes up, click on the Low Tox Life square tile. Once clicked on that, you’ll see 3 tabs: Details. Reviews. Related. Click subscribe, then click reviews and there you can write your review. 2 words, 1 sentence, biggest AHA… Doesn’t matter, just for you to leave one is so much appreciated and helps us stay visible in ITunes charts and Thrive. Thanks so much guys, Alexx x
New Low Tox Life “best of” packs
I have created a few packs which include my go-to products to get you started on your low tox journey with great savings: First to release though, my favourite reusables and Low Tox Face packs. Aren’t they gorgeous? There are a few more special packs coming but I just wanted to make it easy if you fancied asking your family for a low tox gift, or gifting something special to a friend to get started – the packs turbocharge your low tox efforts.
Now onto the show…
I’ve brought Professor Marc Cohen back on the show to discuss the toxic load that we are burdened by today in the modern life context. Professor Cohen is a triple PhD and at the forefront of studying the harmful effects of many of the common chemicals, we are exposed to today. We cover his “10 toxic truths”, discussing things such as the fact that chemicals are synergistic – i.e. more powerful when mixed together even though individually they might be deemed safe. We discuss how being ‘top of the food chain’ is not to our advantage when it comes to eating, we talk about how exposure is unjust, often affecting children worse, and spanning generations. It’s not all doom and gloom given the Go Low Tox round is now open for enrolments to allow you to reduce your toxic load across all areas of your daily life, and Marc gives you some of his best tips also.
Here’s a little snapshot of the juicy bits in today’s episode…
- Up to 60% of chronic disease today is lifestyle related. Environmental toxins are implicated in most of the diseases however they don’t get a lot of airtime because tests to detect them are not widely available.
- Toxic truth #1 and #2: “everyone is affected” and “we don’t know the full extent”. There’s no way to avoid industrial toxicants nowadays and there is no way to map the toxicity.
- Toxic truth #3: small doses can have big effects. The tiniest doses of chemicals affecting our endocrine system can cause cancer and have a huge physiological impact.
- Toxic truth #4: small chemical doses magnify up the food chain: at the top of the food chain, you can have 10 times the concentration you get at the lower end hence why predatory species and infants can have much higher concentrations.
- Toxic truth #5: earlier exposure can have irreversible effects and impact critical development phases.
- Toxic truth #6: effects are trans-generational. What your parents or even grandparents were exposed to can have an effect on you.
- Toxic truth #7: chemical cocktails are synergistic. Toxicity is worst when chemicals are mixed together.
- Toxic truth #8: fat soluble chemicals can last in the body for a long time. They’re the ones that accumulate up the food chain. The water soluble chemicals are metabolised quicker and can be excreted rapidly in urine, however, in some instances they can be more toxic than the fat soluble chemicals.
- Toxic truth #9: the most vulnerable are unborn babies and infants. Chemical exposure can impact development and brain function. A lot of toxins can pass through the placenta to the unborn baby and many fat soluble chemicals are also offloaded to the baby when the mother breastfeeds. Children have more immature organ systems, hand-to-mouth behaviour and live closer to the ground.
- Toxic truth #10: risk is unequal as there are so many factors involved when it comes to how chemicals affect our health. We’re all exposed to low levels of toxins daily and how we respond to them is determined by our genetics, our age, our location, the way we’re brought up, our diets, etc.
- We can change the impact on our bodies through the choices we make and also with proper detoxification. In Ayurveda, they have Panchakarma to detoxify the body which involves drinking medicated ghee, oil massages and enemas to get the fat solubles chemicals trapped in your body to move out. Having good clean fats in your diet that will then be flushed out of your body is another way to reduce the fat soluble chemicals that can linger in your system.
- Optimising kidney and liver functions is essential when detoxifying the body: keeping all channels of elimination open (bladder, bowel, breath, body and brain). Having lots of good clean water and herbal teas (tulsi is the best to support detoxification pathways). Actively sweating and keeping good regular bowel movements help to get rid of toxins properly. Saunas can be an alternative to sweating through exercise.
And here are all the important links:
Intergenerational effects of endocrine disruptive chemicals can be read up more on HERE.
Want to know more about Preconception health and maximising your fertility? Our on-demand preconception e course “Preconception Ninja” is now live!
Want to get the nasties out of your day-to-day life? Confused by endless internet information, mixed messages and pseudo ‘clean’ products and wondering how to make a great choice?
October 23rd will mark the 9th LIVE round of the GO LOW TOX e-course done by over 2000 happy low toxers all over the world! Register for the course HERE
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet