Thank you for joining me for the very first Low Tox Life podcast show. What a great show, right? My guest of course was naturopath and nutritionist Helen Padarin from www.helenpadarin.com
If you haven’t caught it yet and you want to click through to I Tunes from here to check it out GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
In this episode I asked Helen
- About what makes for a good poop
- What are the different types of poops that tell us things are great, not so great, worth getting checked out
- What do the different types of poop tell us about our overall health picture? Floaties, squishies, rabbit poop pellets – we go over them ALL!
- Do we really need potty contractions to squat on for better poops?
- How do we eat for great poop?
- What can we do to have a healthy gut and subsequent elimination?
As well as a few poop tangents that stemmed from those questions…
If you have listened already, I know you were secretly thinking before hand “What on earth is she starting her podcast with POO for?” but hopefully after that hour of poop power, you realise it is actually a super interesting topic!
A few further references…
Stool colour – Keep an eye. Call the doc / naturopath if very pale or very dark as well as obvious mucus or any bleeding.
How to learn more about Helen Padarin’s work HERE or join her facebook page HERE or her instagram @Nourish-Ed. Grab her co authored book Bubba Yum Yum and watch out for the new one on gut health coming soon!
Squatty Potty for your ‘full elimination goals’.
Remember: if you’ve had surgery or have had a bout of pain killer use, you may need to detox from anaesthetics and painkillers with the guidance of a doctor or naturopath, along with possible gut rehab work, to get your poop back to regular.
Don’t ignore dodgy or absent poops. Moral of the story! They’re symptoms trying to tell you something.
Questions? Ask them in the comments or on twitter @Alexx_Stuart @Nourish-Ed with #lowtoxlife hashtag and Helen will pop in, in the next week and reply!
Low Tox. Happy Poop. Happy you.