Now, on with the show!
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– Society values doing, not being. The slow movement is all about being present in each moment and focusing on your current life.
– The brilliance of Zen Habits. Leo was overweight, a workaholic, in debt, a heavy smoker and has completely shifted the way he lives and has been a huge inspiration to Brooke on her journey.
– How the process of going slow, is not surprisingly, slow.
– The importance of finding joy in little things and being impressed by little things.
– Struggling with people who call it the ‘whole mindfulness’ thing.
– Mindfullness doesn’t need to be prescriptive. It’s not all about colouring in books and meditation apps.
– We all have 24 hours in the day.
– Resistance is a default way of protecting ourselves. If you think you’re too busy to slow down, you need to do it more than anyone.
– Getting comfortable with the discomfort of change.
– The difference between rhythm and routine.
– Single tasking.
– Brain dumping.
– Being pro-active vs reactive.
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE
This week focus on your breath! Again? True story! I can talk about breath until I’m blue in the face (not literally – that’s the opposite of what happens if you breathe!) but it honestly makes such a big difference. Take Brooke’s advice and concentrate on your breathe whenever you get the chance. When you’re making a cup of tea, hanging out the washing. Just chill out and take a moment to breathe. That’s your one thing you need to think about this week.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to want to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet