February’s show supporter!
Now, on with the show!
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– Society values doing, not being. The slow movement is all about being present in each moment and focusing on your current life.
– The brilliance of Zen Habits. Leo was overweight, a workaholic, in debt, a heavy smoker and has completely shifted the way he lives and has been a huge inspiration to Brooke on her journey.
– How the process of going slow, is not surprisingly, slow.
– The importance of finding joy in little things and being impressed by little things.
– Struggling with people who call it the ‘whole mindfulness’ thing.
– Mindfullness doesn’t need to be prescriptive. It’s not all about colouring in books and meditation apps.
– We all have 24 hours in the day.
– Resistance is a default way of protecting ourselves. If you think you’re too busy to slow down, you need to do it more than anyone.
– Getting comfortable with the discomfort of change.
– The difference between rhythm and routine.
– Single tasking.
– Brain dumping.
– Being pro-active vs reactive.
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE
This week focus on your breath! Again? True story! I can talk about breath until I’m blue in the face (not literally – that’s the opposite of what happens if you breathe!) but it honestly makes such a big difference. Take Brooke’s advice and concentrate on your breathe whenever you get the chance. When you’re making a cup of tea, hanging out the washing. Just chill out and take a moment to breathe. That’s your one thing you need to think about this week.
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes aired since we launched in July, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to want to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet