In show #3 of the Low Tox Life Podcast, I chat with Dr Fiona Kerr, a super special and ridiculously smart woman. Dr Kerr works with Adelaide University as their Systems and Neural Complexity Specialist, and is the co-founder of social enterprise human-e, together with Dr Jordan Nguyen (If you’re terrified from that description that you’re not going to understand the interview, don’t panic. She presents everything in lay people terms!)
If you want to click through to I Tunes from here to check it out GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Together we demystify the complexities of sleep in relation to our brain, covering topics such as;
- fostering a really healthy body and brain, and the capacity of our amazing body
- what’s hindering our sleep today?
- how to focus on what we can achieve (rather than what we can’t!)
- the importance of smell to the brain
- how to get through the newborn / small children sleep haze
- stressful periods at work
- the benefit of naps!
- our capacity to constantly build new brain cells – via sleep.
There are ways for every single one of us to improve our quality of sleep and as someone who sometimes puts sleep a little lower on the pecking order than it should go – although improving in this regard I must say, I’m proud – I was comforted by the positivity and “there’s something for all of us” message in our chat.
Mentioned in This Episode
• Low Tox Club: Launching any day now, the Low Tox Club is a place to explore, connect and save while loving and living the low tox life and for our first exploration – we’re talking about SLEEP, so be sure to sign up to the newsletter if you want to be notified of launch day and learn more.
• Dr Fiona Kerr’s website
Another wonderful opportunity to see Dr Fiona Kerr speak – this interview with her thoughts on how great leaders change minds.
My favourite two take aways on the napping front?
If you’ve under slept and you need a boost of energy in your day to get through another few hours? Just 25 minutes will refresh you.
If you’ve got a difficult problem to solve and you keep getting stuck? A 90 minute nap will recharge your problem solving skills and relieve the blocks in your thinking.
Fiona promises there are books in the works – She suffers as I do from ‘book paralysis’ – so much that she could write. We’ve both promised to ‘just pick one thing and start’.
We hope you enjoyed the show. Ask your questions with the #lowtoxlife hashtag and find me @Alexx_Stuart and @FionaKerr82 on twitter or here in the comments.
Don’t forget to subscribe and write a review if you are enjoying the show! It means I Tunes shares us with more people out there, which means more great, happy change, which means nothing but good things, right? Thank you.
Low Tox. Happy You. Happy Planet
And don’t forget, get some sleep!