We are closing in towards 100 5 star rating – can you spare a minute to rate the show on I Tunes? Thank you, love you!!!! x
Now onto the show…
I absolutely adore meeting a fellow nerd – someone who passionately digs and digs into all the wonderful areas we can go on various aspects of health and well being. Like me, she came to start her journey of digging due to health challenges – her gut woes and her son’s autism diagnosis. What that diagnosis did was propel her to become an expert on all things related to gut health, including an encyclopedic knowledge of the role of individual probiotic strains. In today’s chat we discuss the benefits of certain probiotic strains as well as the hindrance of other certain bacteria strains to feeling your best. We talk dysbiosis, leaky gut, histamine, autism, pathogens, parasite cleansing and SO MUCH MORE. I couldn’t WAIT to publish this episode from the minute I hung up the interview chat call last month.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– Industry leader in gut health and nutrition
– Kirsty created Kultured Wellness – an amazing wellness hub for people to seize the day on gut health and unlock new levels of health.
– Suffered through terrible gut problems until her nurse husband mentioned her health issues weren’t normal and she needed to do something about it
– Also experienced problems with her son’s health and a difficult pregnancy due to her then diagnosed gut issues.
– Kirsty’s son was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3
– Curiosity and research led to looking into gut health as a potential issue with her son’s development
– Getting tested is key = knowledge gives you power
– The beauty in making your mess your message
– Kirsty and her son have both had excellent results from fecal microbial transplants
– Noah went from being in constant pain and being non-verbal to now attending mainstream school since making the changes to his gut bacteria
– The gut is very connected to the brain so when you heal your gut you heal your brain. Lots of mental health can be improved with gut repair
– The dangers of overuse of Panadol, it kills off good e-coli, which destroys gut health
– Chlorine is also a big issue for gut bacteria
– What type of water filter to get – here’s some info on cutting down on your chlorine exposure
– The effects of stress on the gut
– Not everyone can live in a temple in Tibet but you can make good life choices whenever you can
– It’s all about balance, you don’t want to overload yourself with good bacteria either
– Getting the right blend is incredibly important and Kirsty has discovered a more gentle strain of probiotics to help with balance
– There are different strains that work for different people, for example, kefir grains are great for most people but don’t work well for people prone to mental health issues
– You can’t just grab a tub of yogurt and think you’re getting the probiotics you need, everyone is different
– Pay attention to the way you feel when you’re eating different things
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE: If you’re experiencing digestive issues, get yourself tested and start exploring the word of gut bacteria and fermentation. Make sure you do your research and consult a professional but from the results Kirsty and her son Noah had with their dietary changes, it could be the missing piece of the health puzzle you’ve been looking for.
Here are all the important links:
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet