We are closing in towards 100 x 5 star rating – can you spare a minute to rate the show on iTunes? Thank you, love you, appreciate your support! Alexx x
An offer from our show supporter – Dr Bronner’s
I’m so excited to share our sponsor for the next two weeks – Dr Bronner’s. If you haven’t yet listened to the podcast I did with Lisa Bronner, you simply must listen to it now. This is a brand that is extremely close to my heart. They’re sustainable, fair trade, low tox and they have excellent work policies that support their staff. If you haven’t tried their castille soap, put it on your shopping list. You can wash anything with it – your body, your hair, your pets, clothing, car, floors. A little bottle of Dr Bronner’s is the perfect travel companion and I truly never leave home without it.
This week’s offer is 15% off the entire Dr Bronner’s range with your code LTLPODCAST
That’s 15% off on the Australian site only, for their legendary Castille soaps, bar soaps, toothpaste (Love the ANISE one!), the strong cleaner Sal Suds (for clothes washing, bathrooms and tiles), hand sanitiser, the hair cream… go check it out.
The USA site often has 15% off selected items which you can shop HERE
The UK site is here and also regularly has offers so there’s something for everyone!
Now onto the show…
I launched this podcast nearly a year ago, with a passion for bringing you all aspects of the low tox life – toxin reduction information, inspirational eco businesses doing right by people and planet, health topics for the body and mind to help us live our best lives… The very first show was the infamous “Poopcast” all about poop, and if you thought there was only one show in the topic, you’d be wrong 😉 This week we talk all about constipation with Lynda who is highly specialised in the area and what’s brilliant is, it’s a super practical, can-do show to help you and anyone you know, get moving. Our bowels aren’t our only detox point, but they’re an important one, and the ramifications of NOT going, can be many.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– Not enough people are talking about their poop issues
– Not enough people know their pooing habits aren’t healthy
– Lynda is a naturopath who’s now been dubbed The Poo Whisperer from making so many poor health connections from testing client poop
– People self-diagnose because they’re too ashamed to talk about their toilet problems
– Bowel movements 3 times a week is collectively seen as ‘normal’ but it’s really not, we should be going every day
– Parents wouldn’t leave a kid for a week without pooing but adults tend to ignore it in themselves
– Don’t make poo weird to talk about
– Most people wait until they have a physical symptom like weight gain or skin issues before seeing a doctor about their poor digestion
– Strategies for pooping regularly
– Ditching gluten and increasing water is a good place to start with constipation
– The importance of seeing a naturopath to get to the bottom of the problem rather than stabbing in the dark
– Getting stool samples done to see what you’re missing
– Your poop is the window to your soul
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE: Pay attention to your poop and if you’re super keen, keep a poo diary and see if anything weird is happening. I also highly recommend that you get your poo tested if you’re experiencing any issues. Also – talk about it! So many people are too shy to talk about it but it’s only by talking about your poo that you might find out something isn’t right.
Here are all the important links:
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet