Lots of you have said “But I can’t figure out how to leave a review”… Thank you for wanting to and annoying that Apple don’t make it easy, isn’t it? Here’s what you do and thanks in advance as it helps our little show grow x
- You can’t be IN the show on your podcast app. You won’t see it there… So:
- Search the show on Itunes with the search function, bottom right and then top bar type in “Low Tox Life”.
- Don’t click on the episodes but click on the show graphics tile that comes up from the search down the bottom.
- Then, on the next screen you’ll see just under the logo that “Details” is highlighted grey. Next to details is REVIEW. Click review and then either just give it a quick star rating or a one line review and let me know how you’re enjoying the show / a favourite you’ve loved.
- Feel good. You’ve just helped our show grow and thank you so much!
A treat from this month’s show sponsor… Dr Bronner’s
You have ONE. MORE. WEEK. Dr Bronner’s wonderful offer of 15% off their range. If you haven’t yet listened to the podcast I did with Lisa Bronner, you simply must listen to it now. This is a brand that is extremely close to my heart. They’re sustainable, fair trade, low tox and they have excellent work policies that support their staff. If you haven’t tried their Castille soap, put it on your shopping list, actually – open a new window NOW and get onto it. You can wash anything with it – your body, your hair, your pets, clothing, floors. A little bottle of Dr Bronner’s is the perfect travel companion and I quite literally never leave home without it. This week’s offer is 15% off the entire Dr Bronner’s range. May I recommend a big bottle of the peppermint Castille soap? It leaves everything smelling completely delicious – except it’s not one, erm, for your private parts if you catch my drift. I much prefer the Sandalwood or Rose ones for the shower. So delicious!
This week’s offer of 15% off the entire Dr Bronner’s range – use your code LTLPODCAST and go HERE to shop their range.
Now onto the show…
This week I’m chatting to Naomi Judge, one of the most well informed, well researched naturopaths I’ve ever worked with. We chat about all things intermittent fasting, including the 5:2 and the 18:6 diet and the benefits and “flags” of each depending on where you’re at with your health right now. We’re also talking about the pitfalls of using this type of diet unsupervised and how it’s important to make sure you’re doing under supervision.
Here’s a little snapshot of the goodies in today’s episode…
– Intermittent fasting is not just for weight loss or to feel better it can be used to manage chronic diseases such as thyroid issues, diabetes and mental health issues
– It’s a whole lifestyle movement, simply fasting without changing any of your other behaviors won’t help
– Fasting is great but only if you’re not doing a lot of stuff. Fasting on a yoga retreat is doable but it’s not doable if you actually have to do things like a busy work schedule and parenting combined.
– If it’s not working for you, stop doing it. If you’re not losing weight, and you’re feeling awful all the time it’s probably not the thing for you and you should investigate a more personalised approach with a naturopath.
– Books are great but don’t just read a best-selling diet book and start your diet the next day: always check with a medical professional
THIS WEEK’S LIVE HAPPIER, HEALTHIER CHALLENGE:
Book in to see a naturopath! It’s so worth the investment in your health. Think about what concerns you have and what you’d like to see change in your day to day life. Hook up with a naturopath that works for you and nut out a good eating and lifestyle plan to get you back on track. Also have a chat in the comments and tell us if you’ve tried the 5:2 or any kind of intermittent fasting and how it worked out for you.
Here are all the important links:
Facebook community – You don’t want to miss her amazing facebook lives that she does. PACKED with helpful information.
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for android.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world. (To do this from your phone, you can’t be ‘in the show list’ – go to the podcast search function and type low tox life, and then click on the show and click ‘review’. Annoyingly tricky but hey. I figured I may as well help you out if you’re going to take the time to leave a review!)
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet