Last month my good friend Jo Whitton came to stay with me in the lead up to her book launch which you must check out here. It’s a wonderful book brimful of ideas for the allergy friendly home, whether you have a thermomix or not! I made her a few treats to take to the hotel for her stay there afterwards, so she didn’t have to worry about resorting to hotel snacks – pringles and mm’s are hardly options for an allergy friendly cook book author! She shared the pomegranate chia pudding I’d made for her on her page and a number of people have asked for the recipe, so here it is. Simple deliciousness, and the pomegranate arils give you explosive sweetness through the rich creaminess that make the texture particularly exciting!
And here she is with a few extra pomegranate arils on top. So beautiful they are, like little rubies, don’t you think?
Pomegranate and Cinnamon Chia Pudding Recipe
- 300 ml jar
- 2 tbsp frozen berries of your choice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds (to de seed a pomegranate, simply cut in half, face half down into a big bowl, and whack the skin with a rolling pin and watch them fall out easily)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1 tsp linseeds or linseed meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- coconut cream
- coconut water
- 1 tsp maple / honey or rice malt syrup Personally I find the berries, coconut water and pomegranate enough but up to you!
- 1 tbsp pepitas / pumpkin seeds
- Pop all ingredients in jar.
- Then fill jar 2/3 full with coconut cream and 1/3 coconut water (I used @naturalrawc ) Give it a good shaky shaky and set in fridge over night or at least 3 hours.
- Note: If the jar is bigger, just roughly multiply out all measures and then still do the 2/3 coconut cream / 1/3 coconut water at the ast
Hot pudding variation
- If you like a warm breakky in the winter, Pop everything into the pot minus the pomegranate, and stir occasionally on low heat for 20 mins. Serve warm and top with additional nuts, seeds and the fresh pomegranate. For thermomix, you could do 5 mins, 50C, Speed 2, same deal leaving the pomegranates out until the end.