Fancy a quick fix raw chocolate bar that is ridiculously packed with nutrients, immune building lauric acid from coconut oil and adaptable depending what you have at hand. *AND* it takes one minute to make and 15 minutes to freeze before you get to indulge?
I did too when I whipped this up for the first time a couple of years ago now. So, so easy. Enjoy!
And here pictured with a bit more time on hands, making little raw chocolate men with toasted coconut on top. Perfect for little people. If you’re worried about amount of cocoa / caffeine for little people, why not half the chocolate with carob powder half / half? Delicious, fruity taste!
Real Treats. Happy Bodies
If you whizz some up, pop it on instagram @lowtoxlife
Hope you love this ridiculously easy treat,
Quick Fix Raw Chocolate bar
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp your choice of either bee pollen, cacao nibs, crushed toasted nuts, pepitas, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds They are all delicious, nutrient rich powerhouses, perfect for adding to things like this! Mix it up every time with a different combination.
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut If you make a big batch of toasted desiccated coconut and keep in the fridge, the toasted flavour is gorgeous in this!
- 2-3 tbsp raw cacao powder or dutch processed cocoa
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or rice syrup if fructose intolerant / free) to taste
- Other options… buckwheat kernels, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder, a pinch of chili powder
Mix it all up with a spoon in a bowl. Plop onto parchment. Find my favourite parchment here. Spread out and freeze for 15 minutes, or fridge for 30 minutes. Done and yum! You can cut into 3 bars if you fancy and serve with a dusting of cacao or desiccated coconut.
This is so fast to make that you could literally take a minute during a movie intermission!