Raw veggie san choy bow is zesty, cleansing and uplifting either as a side to fish or meat, or on it’s own with added protein from nuts, seeds and the dressing. It’s super simple to make and I hope you love it!
Delicious fresh little dish that I hope you enjoy!
Raw Veggie San Choy Bow Recipe
- 2 carrots
- 6 spring onion stalks from the whites to the green tips
- 1/2 30cm long daikon ( or extra celery and fennel if out of season where you are)
- 3 stalks celery
- 1/2 bulb fennel
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 large red capsicum
- 2 nashi pear or granny smith apples
- 1 cup rough chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Witlof petals or baby cos are perfect for it to be served in
- OPTIONAL: fine chopped chicken or fish to add chicken was my little man’s suggestion here!
- “Mince” all the veggies and herbs in a food processor or in batches in a Thermomix or myCook, speed 7, a few seconds at a time until well minced but not smoothie mushy, if that makes sense. I found 2 x lots of 5 seconds on speed 6/7 depending on how hard the vegetable, was perfect. Batches will help you get a more thorough result instead of some being ultra fine and other bits being huge chunks.
- Pour out into a bowl and set aside.
- Now pop all dressing components in a little bowl and stick blend, whisky by hand or op into a TM or MyCook and blitz on speed 7 until well combined (I found a half time, scrape down sides, at the 5 second mark meant it was job done in 10 seconds)
- Then, go back to the veggie bowl and drain off excess liquid from the bowl and drink it – why not?
- Then mix the dressing (half of it, taste, then the rest if not tangy enough for you)
- Sprinkle generously the nuts and seeds.
- Stuff into lettuce cups or witlof petals – it would work super well as a Vietnamese roll filling too!
- Garnish with fresh herbs, scatter with a protein of choice such as chicken, tempeh or fish if you fancy