PATREON PAGE – Yay! Love the podcast? Then come join the The Low Tox Club – it’s a member’s club with a difference. YOU decide how much you want to spend to be a part of it. We run mini challenges, talk about the show, offer a weekly practitioner hour to bounce ideas off and support each other with our low tox progress.
The next round of Go Low Tox starts on 29th October! If you want to learn how to navigate making the best choices for you and for the planet REGISTER HERE. The course is live coached by me and we go through 20 topics and over 30 interviews in 5 weeks. Don’t miss out!
And onto this week’s show!
At long last, the stars align and Dr Libby is joining me for a chat. If you’ve been under a rock, Dr Libby Weaver (PhD) is one of Australasia’s leading nutritional biochemists, an author, a speaker and founder of the plant-based supplement range, Bio Blends. Armed with an abundance of knowledge, scientific research and a true desire to help people regain their energy and vitality, Dr Libby empowers and inspires people to take charge of their health and happiness through her books, live events and nutritional support range. Having sold over 350,000 books across New Zealand and Australia, she is an eleven-times bestselling author and published internationally including in UK, US, Canada, France, Germany, Russia and Italy.
What I love most about Dr Libby is her passion transference capability – it’s one thing to be extremely knowledgeable, it’s a gift to be able to then share that knowledge passionately and inspire action in others.
Here are the questions I ask Dr Libby today – and of course we go on the usual tangents:
Cave Woman vs Modern Woman which laid the foundation for your Rushing Women’s Syndrome book and general awareness.
- How is this modern world affecting women at the biochemical level? How do we see our A to our B of de-stressing? (Often there are feelings of disempowerment / feeling trapped that prevent us from stepping into our power to make the necessary changes)
- Pulling back the covers on what’s really driving your stress… Let’s talk about the major potential factors here and how we go about looking into our lives for our personal stress drivers
- Something I’ve loved hearing you talk about also to challenge the idea that all busy-ness is ‘bad’ in the past, is “Is ‘stress’ stressing you out / could you view ‘having a lot on’ in your life, as NOT being stressful in the negative sense. Can you talk us through that for those who haven’t heard you talk about this before? How do we go about reframing ‘SO BUSY’ to “A rich and fulfilling life” so that in the busy times of a life we’re loving full of things we love doing / people we love seeing, we’re not mounting a harmful stress response?
Now onto your latest book – 11th best selling book to be exact!
- What called you to write The Beauty Guide?
- How are you seeing comparison culture play out for people? It’s not just women either… men being constantly told how to have rock hard abs etc…
- Is it really that different having online in the mix now? (Will add anecdote about a friend recounting her “who’s got the best legs” lunch time school yard comparisons in Year 9… My friends all having to lay our bras out to discuss them / who had the coolest one. Are the teens, and then later women, of today feeling it even more with the added ‘never switch off’ potential fort comparisons to be made?
- How do we go about loving our bodies – many women just wouldn’t know how to unpack their body hatred / how it started / how to move towards a conversation of love with their bodies.
- Botox and other obsessions with never feeling that we’re enough in our natural states? Is botox dangerous? Any research coming out yet?
What to put on your skin – hormone-disrupting substances
- How do we go about repairing the damage that possibly decades (and generations) of endocrine disruptive chemicals have caused us? Detoxifying fat soluble / water soluble chemicals / obesogens…
- We’re often told by the holistic-health-skeptics “Oh it’s nonsense that people need to actively seek out additional detox protocols / programs, we have a liver!” BUT… We have never had a liver burdened by the level of things it’s burdened by these days: What are some of your favourite liver support and repair strategies as we reduce every day toxins and start to ease the load.
Other helpful links?
Find out more about Dr Libby and her latest book “The Beauty Guide” here: www.drlibby.com
You can get a copy of Dr Libby’s book “Rushing woman’s syndrome” HERE
Watch her 2014 Ted Talk “The pace of modern life versus our cavewoman biochemistry”
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
If you want to listen on Spotify click through HERE.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet