PATREON PLEDGE – Yay! Love the podcast? Then come join the The Low Tox Club – it’s a member’s club with a difference. You pledge on Patreon and once the pledge goes through, you’ll receive the Facebook private group link and you’re away! Best part? YOU decide how much you want to spend to be a part of it. We run mini challenges, talk about the show, offer a weekly practitioner hour to bounce ideas off and support each other with low tox progress and it’s where I’m most involved. See you there. Alexx x
A treat from our sponsor…
Handcrafted in their Sydney workshop, The Natural Bedding Company mattresses and beds use only the best quality organic and sustainable materials, sourced from suppliers worldwide, to deliver the ultimate in comfort and a superior night’s sleep. To compliment the luxurious, hand-made mattresses, they also offer a made-to-order selection of bespoke bed frames and bedside tables crafted from sustainably managed Australian timber, alongside a range of accessories including organic cotton bedlinen, latex and wool pillows and wool quilts. There is a mattress to suit every member of the family – including newborns and those with serious allergies. Whether you prefer your mattress to be hard, soft or something in between, The Natural Bedding Company are confident that you’ll find one that’s just right for you. Follow them on Instagram or Facebook.
Offer: 10% off latex mattresses, overlays and pillows (excludes cots/bassinets). Code: LOWTOXBEDS. SHOP HERE
Wanting to retire your old mattress? Soft Landing will come and pick up your mattress for a small fee and recycle nearly 100% of it!
And onto this week’s show!
This week’s show I’ve invited the wonderful integrative physician based in New York, Dr Vincent Pedre on to talk all things gut – Dr Pedre is a Board-Certified Internist (internal medicine Dr) and Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner in private practice in New York City since 2004. His philosophy and practices are a blend of both Western and Eastern medical traditions. He is a Clinical Instructor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, as well as certified in yoga and Medical Acupuncture. In today’s exploration of gut health, we go where science meets ‘woo woo’ and I’ve detailed the questions we cover below (with a couple of great tangents to be sure!). I hope you enjoy it.
The framework for my chat with Dr Pedre:
- How you came to be a gut loving / championing physician?
- You give one of the best descriptions / clarifications around the term ‘leaky gut’ which I’d love for you to share…
- “What happens in your gut doesn’t stay in your gut” – love that… Share what you mean about it and let’s talk microbial metabolites and the two way street between gut and brain.
- I’ve seen you mention ‘addressing mold issues’ on IG – very excited to see more and more practitioner awareness building in this field, as a mouldie, recovering CIRS person myself… Can we talk gut / liver relationship and the issue many people who are super toxic face when they start working to detoxify but their liver’s so clogged you liberate the toxins and they’ve got nowhere to go – how can we strategically plan out a detoxification regime without it sending our systems haywire
- The bacteria in our microbiome: Is the probiotic craze workin’ out for us or – given diversity is so many 1000s of species, are we approaching it the wrong way with these single strain or 4-6 strain melanges?
- You share a lot of thoughts around the intimate link between how we view chronic health issues / how we desperately want to recover but how our thoughts around it can sometimes keep us stuck – can you explain how you came to realise that often patients were holding themselves back and how people can take steps to break thought patterns that are contributing to their physical state?
Other helpful links:
Find out more about Dr Vincent Pedre here: www.pedremd.com
You can get Dr Pedre’s book “Happy Gut” HERE
More information about the gut reboot program can be found HERE
If you want to click through to iTunes from here to subscribe to the podcast and listen to this week’s show, and the episodes that have aired since our launch in July 2016, GO HERE
If you want to listen on your android, download Stitcher or click through HERE or you can buy the Pocket Cast App for Android.
If you want to listen on Spotify click through HERE.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet