Maybe you’re ready to join us over in the Low Tox Club to formalise your love for the show? Support the podcast and in turn enjoy the book club, chats, challenges, and insider Q&A with podcast guests to get YOUR specific questions answered. Pop through here and join for the investment $ of a coffee a month or put another way – for $1 per show. Support us to support you. I’d love to see you there, Alexx x
Our show supporter this month is…
Weleda started in 1921 and is now the world’s leading manufacturer of certified natural and organic skincare and anthroposophic medicines. They have always farmed organically, putting the planet before profit, looking at the long-term sustainable benefits their business can deliver to help support people, wildlife and biodiversity. A conscious approach to sustainability underpins all of the brand’s actions. According to Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Weleda, “we must do our best to support an adequate living for everyone today, without compromising the needs of future generations”. Weleda strives to achieve this by protecting and respecting their environment and its biodiversity, by treating and remunerating employees, partners and communities fairly, and by building an ethical economy which creates, rather than diminishes, value. Weleda was recently voted the most sustainable cosmetics brand by consumers in Germany. This is a finding of the Cosmetics 2019 sustainability study compiled by Facit Research. You can learn more about their sustainability vision and new campaign here: https://www.weleda.com.au/you-are-nature
SAVE 15% OFF Weleda and free shipping for orders over $79.95 from www.weleda.com.au/you-are-nature
*While stocks last. Only available at www.weleda.com.au/you-are-nature. Excludes already discounted items and promotions as well as Weleda Bee B&B Hotel. Can not be used in conjunction with other codes. Offer valid 01.09.19 – 31.10.19.
And onto this week’s show!
Have you ever tapped? Or perhaps you’ve seen tapping or heard about it and thought “what the heck is that gonna do for my problems”. Well, today’s show guest is Dr Peta Stapleton and she’s a big believer in the Science of Tapping (in fact that’s the title of her book!). She calls it a part of the “Fourth Wave of psychology”. She has 22 years experience as a registered Clinical & Health Psychologist and has completed a Bachelor of Arts, Postgraduate Diploma of Professional Psychology and Doctor of Philosophy. Peta held academic positions at Griffith University for 14 years, teaching and coordinating psychological research trials into new therapies in the area of obesity and weight management and is now Associate Professor in Psychology at Bond University.
So if you thought tapping was a bit of hocus pocus, then today’s show will sort that out. Peta takes us through habits, fears, motivation, weight loss, self worth and ‘tapping things in’ as we coined during the show. You’re going to want to listen to this and consider putting tapping in your tool kit. Enjoy the show!
The questions I asked Peta:
Tapping – is it about the things that either come up for ourselves chronically (food/drug addiction/phobias) Emotional Freedom Techniques, often called EFT or Tapping, is an amazing therapy that’s been shown to reduce food cravings, improve emotional wellbeing, and lead to weight loss and maintenance without dieting. So what is tapping, why does it work, and how can YOU get the most out of this innovative and easy-to-learn technique?
In this mind-opening interview world-leading researcher and master trainer in tapping for food and weight management, Dr. Peta Stapleton and I discuss:
- What is “tapping” the way it means to you?
- What does it mean when you say tapping is the “Fourth wave” of psychology
- It’s one of those things that could easily be labelled as ‘kookie weirdo hippy nonscientific BS’ BUT there IS science to support its use therapeutically: What are you most excited about in terms of it being quantified?
- Then I’ll ask about Tapping for phobias / addictions / lifestyle changes – so basically stuff we want to change about ourselves
- Then move into tapping for SOS / remedy – the job interview, the fight with the partner or rude boss, the friend who always takes
- Then into intention setting / building more goodness into one’s life and psyche? And of course with that, ditching limiting beliefs of the past…
- Building self worth and self care practices through tapping – how does that work?
- Your book: What led you to wanting to write a book on the subject? Isn’t it more of a visual thing?
- How can we connect to your work online?
- What experiment would you like to set for us this coming week to bring tapping into our lives?
Here’s a great little snippet on how to do the EFT tapping sequence.
Other helpful links:
To learn more about Dr Peta Stapleton and her work: https://petastapleton.com
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet