Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
And onto this week’s show!
In this week’s show, I chat to Dr Kate Wood, founder of Healthspace clinics, ex professional athlete and someone who lives and breathes her passion for not only getting herself well, but getting to the bottom of why others are unwell and helping pull out all the stops to get them where they need to go. She has a particular passion for chronic cases.
Kate has represented Australia as an 800m runner, winning five Australian titles and competing on the international stage. She also lectured track & field at the Australian College of Physical Education. After being forced into an early retirement due to injury, Kate turned to helping others with their health and wellness, with a special focus on families, pre-conception, pregnancy and paediatrics as a chiropractor and so much more as she’s added further treatment skills to her arsenal to support her patients. We talk about various modalities that can be used from NET to Thompson Drop Piece, Cranial therapy and Bicom, as well as discussing approaches to health care, preventative strategies and more. I hope you enjoy the show and don’t forget to make the most of this month’s show supporter offer over at lowtoxlife.com/podcast. Enjoy, Alexx! x
The Questions I Asked Kate:
- Let’s start with what you came from as an elite athlete, representing Australia and how you crossed over into the humbling territory of injury plague and chronic illness?
- At what point did you decide “I want to help others” and how did you know what shape that would originally take?
- You’ve added quite a few things into your treatment mix, let’s talk about each of them briefly (TBM/cranial/kinesiology/Thompson drop piece/ultrasound/NIS… just a little about each one and what it is/how used)
- And one therapy that you don’t personally perform but the wonderful Marta who I see does – what on earth is BICOM?
- How do you reconcile with the fact that a lot of these therapies are considered fringe by medical associations? What’s proof enough for you that they warrant studying and using with patients?
- Chronic illness is so tricky because root cause is often a soup of things and treating one thing can disturb another, as we both know only too well – how do you best decide how to treat someone? What does profiling look like for a new patient/client in the Healthspace clinic family?
- How does one know the difference between an adverse reaction to treatment and a detox reaction?
- What do you believe are the best ways to keep treatment costs down in chronic illness, given cost is often a huger barrier – how do we make healing from chronic illness NOT the privilege that it currently is, largely private, largely experimental and requiring patience and willingness – is there a light at the end of the tunnel for chronic illness peeps?
- What do you believe are the essential lifestyle factors that come into play for us to be truly well?
- What does goal setting have to do with a treatment’s success?
- If someone was regional and listening and didn’t have access to the amazing things you do for people at healthspace – what are some things we can do from home/questions we can ask ourselves/supps we could trial safely to move forward do you think?
Other helpful links:
To know more about Kate and her spectacular work: https://healthspaceclinics.com.au/team/dr-kate-wood
Our show supporter this month is…
Waters Co are a family run business that is passionate about making a difference in peoples wellbeing by providing filter systems to suit domestic, commercial and personal use. Our filters have been around since 1984 making us one of the longest running filtration companies and are available worldwide. The creators didn’t just stop at making a great water filter to remove contaminants which average up to 99% for most common contaminants.
Offer: 10% off all water filters
GIVEAWAY: Bio 500 Filter system Valued at $749.00
To enter the competition, leave a comment in the show notes why you’d like to win. Competition closes Sunday 17th November. Winner announced Tuesday 19th November
SHOP HERE: http://bit.ly/WatersCo
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet