Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Want to join the Low Tox Club for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
In this week’s show, the final show of our Low Tox Mind mini series, I speak to one of my favourite meditation teachers Tom Cronin, also an author and filmmaker of the recent film/book The Portal. Tom spent 26 years in finance markets as one of Sydney’s leading bond and swap brokers. He discovered meditation in the early stages of his career, when the anxiety and chaos he was experiencing had hit a crisis point, and it completely transformed his world, both personally and professionally. Founder of The Stillness Project, a global movement to inspire one billion people to sit in stillness daily, Tom is passionate about reducing stress and chaos in people’s lives and as we’re always reminded on the show – A better world starts with a healthier, happier us.
We discuss how meditation is a key factor in saving the world, through personal stories, energies at play currently in the world and more. If you ever needed another reason to prioritise stillness in your day and invite more meditation into your life – this is it. Enjoy the show as much as I enjoyed this conversation. Alexx x
The questions I asked Tom:
- So you’ve met Russel Brand… how was that experience?
- Today we’re discussing The Portal: Save the world through meditation… Is it the science available that shows you this is possible, the real life experiences you speak to in the story, your own journey and learnings… a combination of the lot?
- While we’ve had a conversation on the show before, people can hear your full back story there, I’m interested to share this time, how your collaboration to create The Portal – book and film – came about with Jacqui Fifer.
- Why the film as well? What were some of the challenges of getting that off the ground?
- You talk about human beings being at a fork in the road: Can you share what that looks like and what are our options?
- We have the potential for limitless good and limitless bad: you believe meditation helps us choose the former over the latter: What’s the latest science showing us?
- What are some of the shifts that have disconnected us from the heart over time?
- Technology and robotics feature heavily in The Portal: What is their role in healing what’s broken?
- What was the framework of the experiment you set for the 6 case studies in the book/film?
- Can we talk about one of the 6 personal stories you follow as case studies so to speak?
- What do you hope to achieve now that it’s out in the world? How do we get involved and start the work and what does that work look like in our day to day?
- How can we connect more deeply with your work, Tom?
Other helpful links:
To know more about Tom and his work: https://www.tomcronin.com/
Our show supporter this month is…
I’m very grateful for this perfectly aligned offer for you guys right now. Our show supporter this month is today’s guest, Guy Lawrence. He knew there’d be a lot of confusion and stress out there in the times we’re in and he has put together a very generous “Live in flow” resource kit for our community, bless him! Exactly what we need, right?
Here’s what’s in your free Live In Flow Resources Kit:
Due to global circumstances, we have put together an incredible resource kit to help people through these challenging times. Kit Includes:
- An in-depth webinar of the Live In Flow principles & the four pillars to embrace change – Awareness – Acceptance – Intention – Action.
- 3 x guided meditations. One from Guy, Matt & Petra.
- 2 x ebooks. Guy’s 5 Step Morning routine to start the day empowered. Matt’s biohacking the body with sound.
Grab your resource kit here – http://www.liveinflow.com.au/alexx
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet