Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
Do you despair at the concrete jungle so many cities have become as well as the increased drought and floods we find ourselves experiencing these days as our new normal? On this week’s show, I interview design, engineering, and construction powerhouse Teresa Coady, author of “Rebuilding Earth: Designing Eco-Conscious Habitats for Humans”. Teresa articulates so brilliantly how construction and how we build is key to the healing process our planet and people are so desperate for. In the past 30 years, we’ve taken more out of the Earth than all of human history…and 70 percent of it is already back in landfill, so something needs to change and Teresa’s proposal for how we move forward is something that I believe everyone needs to hear. I hope you love this interview as much as I did.
The questions I asked Teresa:
- Something that devastated me in the realisation of it; the enormity of it, was something I read that you shared with an audience in one of your addresses: “In the past 30 years, we’ve taken more out of the Earth than all of human history…and 70 percent of it is already back in landfill,” How do you have hope when you realise something like this: How can we ensure we stay motivated and not feeling like “Well aren’t we just screwed then!?”
- “Rebuilding Earth” – just a small job for one little book to do right?
- How do you believe the digital age can be more humane/sustainable than the industrial one?
- Restoring natural connections has SO many benefits which I’m excited to dig into. Let’s start by looking at what’s been lost, how we can restore natural connections, and then dig into how this is going to benefits different ages, health outcomes, social and environmental outcomes into the future?
- Something you’re passionate about, like me, is the quest to measure success by more than GDP – what are your thoughts on what this has done to us as a world, to measure success so narrowly? How do we change the picture for the future? What are some helpful micro-actions we can undertake in our own communities and countries to push a more holistic wellbeing picture for the future?
- What does the ‘comprehensive wealth model’ mean?
- Do you think part of the reason we’re not more willing to change or challenge is we’re scared of what we might ‘lose’ in changing the way we structure society and measure success?
- In your book, you take the reader through 12 principles of conscious construction. Can we delve into a couple of those today? (We can discuss which ones before we hit record)
Other helpful links:
Know more about Teresa and her work: https://teresacoady.com/
Our show supporter this month is…
Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil and Arctic D Cod Liver Oil with the added D vitamin supplement, is sourced from the Norwegian Seas and consists of the purest and most ethically sourced fish oil in the world.
It contains naturally occurring Omega 3’s, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D, all of which support numerous systems in the body including immune health, heart health, brain health, joint and muscle health, and overall vitality.
We are giving away a bottle of the Cod Liver Oil Liquid this week, which is the very same one my son and I take in the mornings.
Get 1 x bottle of Arctic Cod Liver Oil Lemon 237ml by simply popping a comment to say you’d love to try it!
SHOP HERE if you wanted to just go ahead and grab one regardless: http://bit.ly/31LTce1
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet