Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
This week on the show we have Dr John Gray, known for his “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” and the many books he’s done since. If you didn’t catch show #147, head back and have a listen to last year’s show where we looked at hormone balance as key to a healthy relationship, how to get the balance right and what we can do to start communicating better.
This show, we deep dive into the questions that came after you listened last year – such good questions! On this interview we talk about spending more time than ever together during the era of the ‘Rona and how we can do that to success, as well as practical examples to use during arguments, how doing more than the other is relationship sabotage, same sex couples and how getting the balance right happens when the hormones are the same rather than complementary and much, much more. I hope you enjoy it. I always learn so much from John. Grab more details on his books and work below.
The questions I asked John:
Last time we talked about the – if we can say more “straightforward” – relationships… man/woman, communication, hormones… Today we go deeper into the grey areas – the different situations, difficult situations?
- Let’s start with isolation – a time many have loved and many have not. Some in the world are in varying degrees of sheltering in place still or at the very least, social distancing due to existing health conditions or living with elderly family members. For people who normally love a large amount of independence and freedom in their life, ie those couples that work better when they’re not together all the time: How can they navigate times when all of a sudden you’re faced with round the clock co-existence? How do we better set boundaries and space when the way we’ve done that has changed (this could help for family holidays down the track too!)
- It’s been heartbreaking to see the reports in a rise in violence in the home during the quarantine/physical isolation phase. What leads someone to become controlling of their partner, then abusive emotionally/violent and what can we do as a society to change these shocking statistics. How do we create real change, given a restraining order isn’t really going to solve the problem.
- I also wanted to talk about separation and divorce today. What are some of the ways we might know for sure that the person you’re with isn’t going to work out? It can be hard to be intuitive given what’s at stake sometimes with kids, assets… easier to stay together. But is it? How can we find our truth?
- How do we heal from a divorce and if we have kids, how can we ensure the least amount of damage is done to them in the process?
- Are there different things men and women need to do for themselves when healing from broken relationships?
- We have talked primarily in the context of opposite-sex relationships but what about same-sex couples – is it easier for them to understand each other or harder because there are less clearly defined hormonally-defined biological roles?
- Now onto raising kids, given you’ve written a book on the subject. What do you believe to be the most important positive parenting skills for raising confident, compassionate kids?
- And then the rest of the time we’ll discuss this subject, the 5 key messages “It’s ok to…
- We talk about raising confident kids – what about confidence in parenting?
Other helpful links:
Discover how to take your relationship to the next level: https://marsvenus.com
Our show supporter this month is…
Nordic Naturals Arctic Cod Liver Oil and Arctic D Cod Liver Oil with the added D vitamin supplement, is sourced from the Norwegian Seas and consists of the purest and most ethically sourced fish oil in the world.
It contains naturally occurring Omega 3’s, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D, all of which support numerous systems in the body including immune health, heart health, brain health, joint and muscle health, and overall vitality.
And a BIG congrats to this week’s giveaway winner (1 x bottle of Arctic Cod Liver Oil soft gels): SHARON E.
You can also shop here if you wanted to just go ahead and grab one: http://bit.ly/31LTce1
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet