Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And onto this week’s show!
I’ve known this week’s guest for years and been on his podcast, and when I heard Dr Brett Hill had been spending the past few years on the topic of emotional resilience after a life event that floored him – a marriage ending suddenly and not by his choosing – I wanted to bring this topic onto the show, given such events and their aftermath can be such a stressful time in our lives and also how Brett shows, they can be a catalyst for huge personal growth and our best times yet ahead.
This is a very useful show to understand the impact of a relationship break up better, but also to take a look at what can help us grow emotional resilience as one of the ultimate tools in our low tox lives.
The questions I asked Brett:
- Do you feel as a health professional, there was/is a certain pressure to always be well mentally and physically? What happened for you when you weren’t?
- Why do we have difficulty being honest with ourselves do you think?
- A lot of us can default to hating on ourselves and being very unkind to ourselves sith our internal self-talk… You’re pretty passionate about the importance of self love. Is that something you felt you had to learn to do, love yourself? Culturally it doesn’t really sound like something your average bloke is brought up to cultivate for oneself, right?
- what did you reach for first?
- 2020 feels like a bit of a spiral sometimes. It’s all too easy to snap at a partner, overthink things or go into dark places on the internet, feel a sense of doom… challenging life events in an ordinary year can also do it and you can speak from a really personal place on this one… What have you been through and how did you ensure you didn’t completely spiral?
- How important is it, when climbing back from big personal challenges, that we lose expectations of how we or how life should be in that moment?
- You talk about connecting to your why and a sense of purpose – how does this help us feel like we’re in the driver’s seat?
- When you go through something like a breakdown, panic attacks, depression, chronic illness, big break up… what do you believe are the key ways to rebuild your life and regain a sense of control?
- And the importance of believing in miracles: what gives you a sense of hope? A spiritual connection to infinite possibility?
Other helpful links:
Know more about Dr Brett Hill and his work: http://drbretthill.com/who-is-dr-brett/
His book “Rock Bottom”: http://drbretthill.com/shop/books/rock-bottom-ebook-pdf/
This Week’s Brand Spotlight
I’m featuring one of my favourite Low Tox Shops this week, Nourished Life. Become a member of theirs for free shipping, a great rewards program, and special offers.
And here are the products I absolutely love, available on Nourished Life:
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet