Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And on this week’s show!
I am thrilled to bring you the “brain retraining” work of Ashok Gupta this week, one of the wonderful resources I’ve found, investigating a long term issue of mine that I’d so dearly love to nip in the bud. Ashok suffered from ME, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, around 25 years ago when he was studying at Cambridge University. Through neurological research that he conducted, he managed to get himself 100% better. He then set up a clinic to treat others and then published the well-known recovery program known as the Gupta Program in 2007.
His mission: To help people retrain their brains and nervous systems to respond as required – NOT as if it’s a state of emergency all the time. He has published several medical papers and is continually researching chronic conditions that don’t resolve despite ‘people doing everything right. I’ve suspected for some time now, that my nervous system and immune response have started having irrational responses to even the slightest of change or stressor as a ‘hangover’ from a negative reaction to the anesthetic and experiencing CIRS from mold 4 years ago. Hayfever from air fresheners; palpitations if I even walk through a mouldy house, or past an air-con system that’s dirty. I get muscle twitches when at a traffic light near a phone tower. I got both when I recently changed the darn sheets and they’d been in the cupboard for a month. I knew it wasn’t my conscious brain reacting so I started to wonder if it was a nervous system ‘PTSD’. Turns out, I was onto something. Can we rewire these reactions? Ashok Gupta believes we can and his program has achieved results for many people healing from ME/CFS, Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, CIRS, EHS, Anxiety, and more. So, here he is, explaining how a few exercises a day can help our nervous systems and immune responses stabilise. Fascinating work and hope for many.
The questions I asked Ashok:
- The story for what got you interested in neuroplasticity is a personal one. What happened to you while you were studying at Cambridge just over 25 years ago?
- How did you decide to transcend ‘matter’ and work on the mind – hardly a conventional path?
- What did you notice as you study techniques/the brain that started to inform progress in your personal experience?
- What have you studied to then go on to decide to support the general public?
- Let’s do a 101 on some of the terms we’ll be using from this point: neuroplasticity; limbic system; amygdala; immune system; ANS/CNS – any other terms we need to understand before we continue?
- Chronic illness isn’t just a physical occurrence. It’s not just our hormones, or our genes/epigenetics, there is a mental/nervous system component: Can you share how some people arrive at a point where it’s like they’re on a hamster wheel of chronic illness, unable to get off?
- And so, what is happening to our brain that means neural pathways are cemented and literally wiring us for illness ongoing?
- What is happening in the brain/gut/and dare I add a heart with the emerging research, communication channel(s) to create conditioned illnesses – ie even after an initial trigger to illness is ‘dealt with’ we stay sick?
- Let’s talk about solutions: Your program. What is it, how does it work, how committed does one need to be to achieve results?
- What kinds of chronic illnesses are we talking about being able to benefit here?
- How can we find your work?
Other helpful links:
Do Ashok Gupta’s program and get $50USD OFF your tuition with the code LOWTOXLIFE – more info click here
Interested? Get on board with the program’s Free Trial
(but I will say here there’s a caveat to the free trial: Because the program is a very specific set of exercises and techniques, the free trial can’t give you a taster of these. The actual program itself is genius and truly valuable to those in a chronic health challenge patter that need to grow their positive mindset and sense of happiness and want to reduce or dissipate symptoms so if you can jump in and buy the program, I’d suggest just going all-in if this speaks to you or you’re curious about what a few months of commitment might help you achieve. Highly worth it)
You receive $50 off the Gupta Program full membership and the full membership with USB options – Use the code LOWTOXLIFE JOIN HERE
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet