Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And on this week’s show!
Dr Carrie Jones is a Naturopathic Physician with a Master’s in Public Health having over 12 years in the field of functional and integrative medicine. She is the medical director of Precision analytical, the creators of the Dutch Test – a hormone test with a difference. Carrie is back on the show, this time talking about mitochondria and celebrating – those bumps in the road that if our mitochondria are in good shape, we can bounce back, but if not, we need to pay them attention, nurture them and get them working better. Mitochondria are essentially our energy batteries, powering various functions of the cell and organism as a whole – aka, very important! Enjoy the final show of the Low Tox Life podcast for 2020. Thank you for listening, sharing, and letting me know of all the aha-s that occur as a part of this show existing. I appreciate you and love showing up each week to share the incredible wisdom of our experts each week, Alexx x
The questions I asked Carrie:
- You’re obsessed with Mitochondria at the moment providing a tonne of resources for people to look after their mighty mitos at the moment: I think we should start here because it’s relevant to the impact of excesses and stressors, right?
- Mito 101: What do we need to know?
- How do we know when there’s something up with our mitochondria?
- An acute assault vs chronic: How are they affected?
- So when I’ve been hit badly by mould, say at a friend’s house for dinner whose place is water damaged and the next day I try to go for a challenging walk, is this why my body feels like it is Steve Martin in that Three Amigos scene where he’s chained up in El Guapo’s prison and he’s trying to walk across the room in chains saying ‘gonna make it, gonna make it’ and he keeps not making it? Hehe.
- What needs to be happening at the deepest level of recovery and healing, for our mitochondria to be nourished and perform?
- Hormones – I don’t want to waste time talking about hormones 101 when peeps can and should head back to show #87 to get up to speed, but I will ask a similar question: acute vs chronic assault on the body: How do our hormones respond (ie whiff of synthetic air freshener at the shops vs living with one plugged in by the bed… or a night at the Office Christmas Party with a few drinks vs 2+ drinks a night every single night…
- 2020 – everyone experiences challenging years…this year is a big collective challenge at the same time: Instead of drowning our sorrows at the virtual christmas parties with one too many homemade margaritas, how can we exit stage left on the collective intensity of the moment, to radically care for ourselves right now?
- Your favourite self-celebration tips to nourish mitochondria + hormones?
- How bad is an indiscretion here and there – a big slice of cake, a night of cocktails, a week of very little sleep?
- Best bouncebacks for acute whoopsies?
- What favourite holiday traditions are you looking forward to?
Other helpful links:
Know more about Dr Carrie Jones and her works: http://www.drcarriejones.com/
This week’s Show Sponsor
Killapilla takes you away to a simpler time when all-natural and organic were just how things were. The Killapilla has been developed by a Queensland Chiropractor and his wife. They were committed to combining the latest in design technology features with only the purest and most natural materials of the past. Resulting in the creation of a perfect pillow. One that is spinally correct, comfortable, non-toxic, healthy, all-natural and organic, and kind to the environment. The Killapilla is Australia’s ONLY All Natural, Organic, and Spinally Correct Pillow. It is “The Healthiest Pillow on the Planet”.
The patented Dual Cell Technology design keeps the Killapilla sturdy for spinally correct and supportive sleep while maximizing comfort night after night. The Zippered Neck Pocket makes the pillow customizable, using the different sized Neck Inserts. It even comes with its own Organic Cotton Zippered Pillow Cover to help protect the pillow.
Through countless testimonials, Dr Todd and Carolina have found that when people switch from a toxic synthetic pillow to the Killapilla that is all-natural and organic AND properly supports the spine, many health concerns are reduced and/or eliminated.
· Poor Quality Sleep
· Sleep Apnoea
· Irritated/Watery Eyes
· Itchiness of the Skin
· Night Terrors
· Hay Fever
· Broken Sleep
· Bad Posture
· Foggy Brain
· Neck Pain and Tension
· Restless Legs
· Forward Head Posture
When you reduce/eliminate stressors on the body (both physical and chemical) you will allow the body to get healthier sleep. As a result, many people have also noted improvements in:
· Energy Levels
· Immune Function
· Hormone Regulation
· Ability to Lose Weight
· Brain Function
· Increased Mood
· Cell Growth/Healing and Repair
Offer: Get 15% off for the month of December when you SHOP at https://killapilla.com.au/
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet