Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And on this week’s show!
Jade Teta is back on the show with a quick metabolism research breakthrough at the start of the show and then straight onto one of his passion topics: Developing our minds into next level humans. This week’s show will push your buttons. It may not feel comfortable but growth-thinking never is, right? We look at how much of a base level, culture level, or next level human we are and what that looks like. We look at ecosystem vs ‘ego’ system thinking; truth; beliefs; getting along with people who think differently or hold different beliefs; being open. I journaled for an hour after this show and pretty much could have gone double the time just to give you an idea of how much thinking you will be invited to do off the back of this show. Something I was drawn to from the beginning with today’s guest, Jade Teta (who’s a physician but doesn’t like the label) is his NON black and white approach, for his true understanding of what motivates us, how truth and beliefs evolve just as science does and then in his physician’s approach, the importance of the bioindividual approach. Today will probably push your buttons, you probably won’t agree with everything, but you will think, and in a world that has us choosing camps off the back of headlines and he said/she said, deeper thinking is a powerful way forward towards curiosity about each other’s differences, embracing of our overlaps and greater peace and progress moving forward. Can’t wait to hear what you think!
The questions I asked Jade:
- How do you find focus/contentness/peace as a multi-passionate?
- What is our job in our lifetimes?
- How can we know when it’s time to evolve beyond our present reactions and responses to things? What are some useful cues?
- Base level human, Culture level human, Next level human. Who are these humans: Let’s meet them. What so they look like out there in today’s world that we might recognize?
- What does even level of human relate to in ego vs eco?
- Can we be hybrids of all 3 types of humans? Can we evolve and slip back?
- Why do we want to be right so badly? Is it to do with tribes? Fear?
- What does that do to us/others/peace/global issues?
- Do you as a social commentator, physician, biochemist, philosopher, have a process for arriving at a belief?
- Do you accept and let go of things you can’t be certain of?
- How do you get along with someone you fundamentally disagree with?
- Trust the ‘science’ – it’s something we’ve heard a lot lately, but so many people drawn to health alternatives from the mainstream have come to not trust conventional science/medicine because they were told there was nothing that could be done/all in your head/labs are ‘normal’… or because they’ve seen how much pharmaceutical companies invest in elections, tv stations, newspapers… how do we be suspicious/not too suspicious/how can we be passionate about a single issue and not fall prey to propaganda and radicalism under its many guises today?
Other helpful links:
Learn more about Jade Teta and his work: https://www.jadeteta.com/
This week’s show Sponsor
Weleda celebrates a hundred years of success in 2021. Since its foundation, the company has been setting standards for certified natural skincare and anthroposophic medicines. As a pioneer and leader in sustainable business practices, Weleda is strengthening its commitment to healthy soils and the preservation of biodiversity in its anniversary year 2021. For the future of people and nature.
In 1921, Rudolf Steiner founded the company together with two other visionaries: the Dutch physician Dr. Ita Wegman and the German chemist Oskar Schmiedel. Since the very beginning, taking responsibility for people, society and nature has been a core value of the business. The founders developed the first anthroposophic pharmaceuticals and skincare products based on their understanding of the inseparable connection between human beings and nature – a concept that underpins Weleda’s product philosophy to this day.
Today, Weleda is the world’s leading manufacturer of certified natural and organic skincare and medicines for anthroposophic therapy. As a pioneer of sustainability, Weleda has followed this trailblazing approach for 100 years. Weleda’s ethical business principles have been recognised with numerous prestigious awards, such as the German Sustainability Award, the Swiss Ethics Award, and the Green Brand Award 2020. Weleda processes several hundred raw plant materials, which are cultivated in the company’s eight biodynamic medicinal plant gardens or sourced from more than 50 long-term raw materials partnerships around the world. Weleda places great importance on ensuring that its supply chains are both environmentally and socially sustainable.
Since 2011, Weleda has been a member of the Union for Ethical BioTrade (UEBT) and in 2018 became one of the first companies worldwide to bear the UEBT label “Sourcing with Respect”. UEBT offers a globally recognised certification system ensuring the ethical sourcing of natural ingredients. The label guarantees that the cultivation, harvesting, and processing of raw materials conserve biodiversity and make sustainable use of natural resources. It also requires that companies respect human rights and ensure fair working conditions for everyone in the supply chain.
Offer: 15% off the entire Weleda range* + BONUS Skin Food 75ml (value $25.95) with all orders over $100 (to celebrate our 100 year anniversary with this key product first launched in 1926!)
*excludes gift vouchers, gift packs, and promotional items.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet