Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And on this week’s show!
Are you ready to stop hiding from yourself and feel truly empowered in your own life? That is what Dr John Demartini invites us to do and I’m thrilled to have him back on the show where we talk about self love, saying no more often, changing our inner dialogue, the true power of gratitude, actually getting done what is actually important – sometimes we say something is but it’s not! Lastly, we talk about parenting kids to raise them to live their highest value and thrive, too. It’s a powerful interview and one I have needed to re-listen to, just to ensure the gold soaked in properly. If you’ve not come across his work before, Dr John Demartini is a human behaviour specialist, International best-selling author, educator, founder of the Demartini Institute and the author of 40 books that have been translated into 39 languages. He has presented along-side Sir Richard Branson, Stephen Covey, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Steve Wosniak and many others. He has been a welcomed guest on Larry King Live, CNN, CNBC, is a contributor to Oprah Magazine and hundreds of other magazines.
Enjoy the show!
The questions I asked John:
- How is your gratitude journal going? Volume 39 by now, no doubt from since that last time we spoke? Why is it a non negotiable for you? Why do you find some people need to write it over simply thinking it and what is the power of going into infinitesimal details with one’s gratitude?
- I want to dive into the word NO today: While its connotation is negative, it’s an extremely powerful and positive word in many ways, right?
- Self talk…our internal script: Just how impactful is it and how can we change it for the better?
- Do you see opportunity in the crisis so many people are living through right now? How can we rise stronger out of times that have knocked so many down?
- How do we know we really love ourselves? How can we ensure it’s a love of kindness and awe rather than ego-driven adoration?
- Outside of ourselves, it can be easy to hold grudges with people, to judge them – what does that do to hinder our own happiness and how can we practically let go of these things that don’t serve us or them for the greater good?
- Many of us are parents and it can be so hard not to be confused by external messages and advice in bringing out the best in our children and helping them live a wonderful childhood and life, truly connected to their power, engaged with purpose… so I appreciate the irony then, in asking your advice right now – ha! – how can we awaken them to their magic and genius, and also I think on the minds of many parents today, build self love and resilience in the age of what seems like so much more bullying, and more social challenges with the online element?
Other helpful links:
Learn more about Dr John Demartini and his work: https://drdemartini.com/
This week’s show Sponsor
Weleda celebrates a hundred years of success in 2021. Since its foundation, the company has been setting standards for certified natural skincare and anthroposophic medicines. As a pioneer and leader in sustainable business practices, Weleda is strengthening its commitment to healthy soils and the preservation of biodiversity in its anniversary year 2021. For the future of people and nature.
In 1921, Rudolf Steiner founded the company together with two other visionaries: the Dutch physician Dr. Ita Wegman and the German chemist Oskar Schmiedel. Since the very beginning, taking responsibility for people, society and nature has been a core value of the business. The founders developed the first anthroposophic pharmaceuticals and skincare products based on their understanding of the inseparable connection between human beings and nature – a concept that underpins Weleda’s product philosophy to this day.
Today, Weleda is the world’s leading manufacturer of certified natural and organic skincare and medicines for anthroposophic therapy. As a pioneer of sustainability, Weleda has followed this trailblazing approach for 100 years. Weleda’s ethical business principles have been recognised with numerous prestigious awards, such as the German Sustainability Award, the Swiss Ethics Award, and the Green Brand Award 2020. Weleda processes several hundred raw plant materials, which are cultivated in the company’s eight biodynamic medicinal plant gardens or sourced from more than 50 long-term raw materials partnerships around the world. Weleda places great importance on ensuring that its supply chains are both environmentally and socially sustainable.
Since 2011, Weleda has been a member of the Union for Ethical BioTrade (UEBT) and in 2018 became one of the first companies worldwide to bear the UEBT label “Sourcing with Respect”. UEBT offers a globally recognised certification system ensuring the ethical sourcing of natural ingredients. The label guarantees that the cultivation, harvesting, and processing of raw materials conserve biodiversity and make sustainable use of natural resources. It also requires that companies respect human rights and ensure fair working conditions for everyone in the supply chain.
Offer: 15% off the entire Weleda range* + BONUS Skin Food 75ml (value $25.95) with all orders over $100 (to celebrate our 100 year anniversary with this key product first launched in 1926!)
*excludes gift vouchers, gift packs, and promotional items.
Enjoy the show and thanks again for taking the time to rate and review the show on your app – it’s like tipping the bartender and it means the world.
Low Tox. Happy us. Happy planet