Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And on this week’s show!
Hands up if you ever get overwhelmed about all the problems facing us and our world? If we simply ‘hope’ with wishful thinking that things will get better, nothing happens, but today’s author, Emily Ehlers reminds us that hope is a verb and what a powerful reminder it is. Her beautiful new book is full of illustrations, actions, and information about how we can ensure we beat overwhelm and fear and are always able – even after the hour’s panic or overwhelm we’ll inevitably feel along the way – to muster our next action and move forward.
The questions I asked Emily:
- Radical Optimism: Are you a radical optimist yourself, by nature or self-trained?
- Hope isn’t just something you HAVE it’s something you DO – thus the title of your new book. I love this because it fuses hope into an actionable ‘thing’ ie we become more hopeful the more we act towards the things we see aren’t right in the world, right?
- How do we do something when we’re freaking out about ALL THE THINGS? I often think people are paralysed, or numb because there’s just so much that we need to ‘do’, right? What’s the remedy?
- Can you talk me through this: You read yet another article talking about the tiny amount of years we have left to make a meaningful emissions impact on our warming planet: What does old you vs new you do? What are your “off the ledge and into action” steps?
- Whether it’s racial inequality, woeful public health preventative policies, climate change… the emotions can be strong and painful: what different things show up for different people and how beneficial is it to notice what’s showing up to be able to make hope a verb in our lives?
- Loved this line from your book: Could be quite a triggering, impactful reflection for many: Fear of not being successful, keeps us in a cycle of consumerism. How?
- And this one, especially when I think of equality, health, and social justice issues: Fear of being too loud, too ‘much’ can keep us small and ‘manageable’.
- I think my favourite chapter in your book is the one titled “Change the Story”: What stories are we telling ourselves and how do we actually change the ones that aren’t serving us, humanity, or the planet?
- Part of the road to empowerment and hope being a verb, starts with us tuning in to our own personal magic: If someone out there feels a bit lost about how to make an impact, where can they start when they look within to search for their unique offering and what it might be?
- Can you share a time you’ve felt powerless, noticed a story you were telling yourself that wasn’t serving you, tuned into your superpowers, and hoped and hoped and hoped?
Other helpful links:
To find out more about Emily Ehlers and her work: https://www.ecowithem.com/
Brand Spotlight for this week!
Block Blue Light
Part of this week’s Brand Spotlight is BlockBlueLight, Australia and New Zealand’s premium supplier of blue and artificial light blocking products. We ship all over the world from both Sydney, Australia, and Hamilton, New Zealand.
Founded by Daniel Ebbett in 2016, BlockBlueLight was born out of a need to fix his worrying health issues.
From their humble beginnings to now being recognised as one of the most trusted international brands and leaders in all things blocking blue light technology, we have proudly retained our personal approach to each customer.
Offer: Get 15% off storewide with code – GOLOWTOX and get a chance to win 1 x Amber Sleep lamp
Shop here: http://bit.ly/block_blue_light
Two very passionate women driven to create a raw, honest space for the Jivita community, exploring the ins and outs of natural life. Each product has been consciously chosen to be aligned with their own ethics and values plus includes consideration of the following:
• Cleanest ingredients/No hidden nasties
• Conscious approach
• Ethical approach
• Eco-friendly, all-round
• Cruelty-free (All animal products are of the HIGHEST standards. We do believe in the circle of life but respect and gratitude at every part along the journey.)
• Sustainable to our world
• Community driven – takes a village guys
Offer: 10% discount code *cannot be used with other coupon codes or on sale items
Code: [email protected]
Shop here: https://www.jivita.com.au/shop/
50 years and 5 generations of family soapmaking. Dr. Bronner’s was founded in 1948 by Emanuel Bronner, a third-generation master soapmaker from a German-Jewish soapmaking family. He used the labels on his superb ecological soaps to spread his message that we must realize our unity across religious & ethnic divides or perish: “We are All-One or None!” Still family-owned and run, Dr. Bronner’s honors its founder’s vision by continuing to make socially & environmentally responsible products of the highest quality, and by dedicating our profits to help make a better world. All-One!
Offer: Get 15% off the entire range (excluding bulk sizes and gift packs) with code – GOLOWTOX
1 lucky winner in Australia will receive a Low Tox Pack – containing: 473ml Citrus liquid soap, Naked Organic lip balm, 140g Rose bar soap, 140g Peppermint bar soap, 355ml Lemongrass pump soap, 59ml Lavender Hand Sanitiser. RRP: $77.80
Shop here: https://www.drbronner.com.au/
X X X