Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
And on this week’s show!
Do you have a range of ongoing symptoms affecting multiple systems in the body and no idea what’s going on, getting no answers? This week we dive back into a topic close to my heart and a health challenge I still struggle with 5 years later: Mould/Mold and Chronic inflammatory response syndrome also referred to as Biotoxin illness. Dr Sandeep Gupta, an Australian doctor at the forefront of research and treatment in CIRS is back on the show talking through allergy vs CIRS and what the difference is, treatment advances, detox do’s and don’ts, what the leading practitioners around the world are bringing to the table on this subject, choosing a home, further resources to connect to and more. It’s a powerful interview for people living with chronic inflammatory response syndrome. Please, if you have a friend, colleague, or family member who’s been ill and frightened about it for a long time, today’s show is worth a listen.
The questions I asked Sandeep:
- When you go to your GP many know the respiratory concerns around mould, and many will test for “allergy” but the impact on the nervous system, brain, immune system… this is less known and even less known how to navigate a complex healing journey for a patient: What is the difference between allergy and chronic inflammatory response syndrome?
- In your time speaking with health professionals at the forefront of CIRS treatment, what have been some of your biggest learnings and advances as a doctor in this space? (Perhaps recalling key clinical findings/healing discoveries from Shoemaker, Mary Ackerley, Neil Nathan, perhaps a building biologist, etc over the years.
- Let’s talk about the VCS Test (visual contrast sensitivity test) used to track improvements in treatment response during recovery?
- How do we choose binders and ensure we’re detoxing properly now that there seems to be research supporting that different binders work for different mycotoxins?
- What is the role of glutathione and can we build glutathione back up and heal the pathways especially if people have used paracetamol regularly in their lives?
- And what are some key things your patients taught you over the years?
- What can the imprint of trauma on the nervous system/brain/immune response be even if you’ve healed and how can we work on that?
- Challenges in being treated in Australia: Low renter’s rights/low water-damaged building awareness in this country: Sometimes people can’t simply ‘move’. Personal cost challenge: Replacing all your stuff/moving costs/treatment costs all coming down to your own expenses. I’ve personally probably spent over 100K now over 5 years. I’ve moved 7 times in 5 years even knowing everything I know… How do we start to campaign for greater awareness in our electorates, with medical associations: Do you see the power of many coming into play here?
- In your Mould Illness Made simple course, you have detailed videos on how to choose a safe home – ‘your best bet’ kind of framework. Can you share some of the most common ways a building might not stack up and be worth renting/buying?
- If one is someone who has done your course as a way to make the healing journey more affordable, and it truly does, and they’re based in a country where the specific blood work is inaccessible/out of budget – how best can we support ourselves working on the healing journey alone? (I ask this because we get “I can’t get in to see XYZ doc for a year” or “I can’t afford the integrative doc fees”, unfortunately, so often… I want to start proactively turning people towards your course + Tox mould group + give people hope in these buckets of cases…
- Given many of us have to educate our health care practitioners only just coming to realise the impact of mould on some people/CIRS because we can’t get in to see you! 😉 Can you talk us through some of the first things you do with a patient in a consult to support them?
- If we’re expecting a linear process when it comes to healing from and detoxing from mould, well, it won’t be. What can be signs that we’re pushing too hard/fast, how can we mitigate cytokine storms/Mast Cell activation bouts on the healing journey.
- Given the multi-system nature of CIRS, what are the most important nutrients – foods/supps during the healing process to support whatever medical protocol we might be on?
- What have you found to be the best food mix/diet for people with CIRS?
- Once we’re well and truly feeling better: What about re-exposures? A protocol for when we’re re-exposed to ensure the best chance of not going backwards?
- What are you most excited about in the newer research on CIRS/hopefully for in terms of patient treatments emerging?
Other helpful links:
To find out more about Dr Sandeep Gupta and his work:
Don’t forget that you can get an exclusive 10% discount code on MIMS. The code is LOWTOX10.
Brand Spotlight for this week!
Killapilla takes you away to a simpler time when all-natural and organic were just how things were. The Killapilla has been developed by a Queensland Chiropractor and his wife. They were committed to combining the latest in design technology features with only the purest and most natural materials of the past. Resulting in the creation of a perfect pillow. One that is spinally correct, comfortable, non-toxic, healthy, all-natural and organic, and kind to the environment. The Killapilla is Australia’s ONLY All Natural, Organic, and Spinally Correct Pillow. It is “The Healthiest Pillow on the Planet”.
LOCALLY HANDCRAFTED: Their pillows are locally handcrafted in Gympie, Qld by highly skilled machinists in a family owned garment manufacturer. This allows Dr Todd and Carolina to work closely with the craftsman and women to ensure that they deliver only the highest quality pillows to Australians and people across the globe.
LANDFILL: How long is a Killapilla expected to last? Once the pillows reach the end of their life span (experts say pillows should be changed out every 6 months – 3 years) you can rest easy knowing that the pillow won’t be sitting in a landfill for future generations to deal with. The pillow materials came from the earth and will naturally and quickly return to the earth. That is pretty cool!
Offer: Get 10% off store-wide
Shop here: https://killapilla.com.au/
Offer: Enjoy 10% off all orders minimum spend of $100 (new customers only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, on sale, gift cards, or bundle packs. Limit of one use per customer.
Shop here: https://us.modibodi.com/
Pearl is all about dreaming big and dreaming better. After battling headaches from using chemical-based cleaners, Pearl quickly realised that Australians everywhere deserved a viable, sustainable and natural cleaning alternative.
Enter, Resparkle. Resparkle was founded on the belief that we’re all capable of making the planet a better place. And it shouldn’t cost the world (literally). The Resparkle journey began in 2015 when Pearl redesigned traditional spray bottles to use considerably less plastic. Now, the brand is taking its commitment to sustainability one step further – a new line of waterless cleaning products. By removing liquids out of the equation, we remove the need for plastics. Pearl remains dedicated to finding innovative, plastic-free, and sustainable homecare solutions.
Inspired by the Australian landscape, Pearl uses her specialist perfumery experience to naturally blend and scent each Resparkle product. And when not developing new products or thinking up new business ideas, Pearl enjoys quality time with her son, cooking for family and friends, and relaxing on her yoga mat.
Offer: 15% discount store-wide *1 redemption per user.
Shop here: https://resparkle.com.au/
X X X