Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
Low Tox Life Food – Now available for PRE ORDER!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you.
Pre-order yours today! Available on 28th September.
And on this week’s show!
Continuing on our food-source series, this week I interview community champion and chef, Eilish Maloney and I hope in hearing her story it helps more people realise that it can start with us, and if it doesn’t start with us, we join others who’ve started good things and support their work to collectively create a bigger impact. The Southern Highlands, NSW is a beautiful part of the world, and even though Eilish left her hometown to work in some of the best kitchens in the world, she felt called to come home and start something to connect people to food sources more meaningfully. The What If Society was born, helping to inspire locals and hospitality businesses to waste less, through creative products like condensed milk from cafe milk that don’t all get finished at the end of the day, to pickles from surplus produce, to restaurants in the region composting all scraps as a collective. It’s inspiring to hear these stories and hopefully inspire you to connect to your local food champions and support their work – or just maybe, start something yourself!
Questions I asked Eilish:
- What led you to want to work in food?
- How did becoming a chef impact your life, your view of the world, of how we fed people?
- You worked in some pretty stellar kitchens – what do you wish all home cooks knew how to do that was dead easy yet transformative in terms of one’s enjoyment of a dish one cooks and serves?
- At what point did you want to return home and create something earthier, local, and impactful from a sustainability/regenerative perspective?
- And so, what is the What If society?
- What are some of the ways you have honoured the cycles of life/nature?
- Was it really challenging to implement a zero waste plan? Where were the sticking points as you got everything up and running?
- If someone were in another town or city wanting to get something like this up and running, could you share any mistakes you made to help someone else make less of them?
- What’s your vision for the future when you consider What If, plugged into a network of so many wonderful people doing excellent work to close loops, honour nature’s cycles, and improve?
- Other helpful links:
Find out more about the What If Society HERE.
This week’s Show Sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers are the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pests, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
OFFER FOR AUSSIE PEEPS: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on ausclimate.com.au. Simply enter the discount code upon checkout. This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
It captures 100% of airborne particles as small as 0.003 microns in size and the vast majority of VOCs. Instantly Improve the Quality of your Indoor Air with AirDoctor.
OFFER FOR U.S. PEEPS: Up to $300 off plus FREE shipping on all orders when you shop HERE.
Enjoy the show,