Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – the place to bring your low tox life to life
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – more details and registration here: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/the-low-tox-club/
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you.
And on this week’s show!
Do you have or care for kids? This is a great show with Dr Natasha Beck MPH, Psy. D and founder of Dr Organic Mommy, who passionately advocates for a cleaner world for our children, from the environment to the food we teach them to enjoy, we can make a big difference to children’s mental and physical wellbeing – and Natasha should know, she had ADHD as a kid on the standard American diet. We discuss sleep routines, boundaries, social interaction, environmental toxins, food, and how to be accountable to your child so they step into their own accountability too. I hope you enjoy the show.
Questions I asked Natasha:
- What made you gravitate towards kids and their brains/behavior as you started thinking about work you might like to do in life, growing up?
- Something we’re often told is that diet and lifestyle affects children’s behavior but can we go into some specific ways that play out for good/for not so good?
- You mentioned you had ADHD as a kid – looking back, what do you wish your family knew, or you knew to support you better through that time?
- Do you still have it now?
- How much of the anxiety, ADHD can we actually change and what are some of the biggest drivers for that change in kids?
- You’re pregnant with your 4th – what are some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned as a parent that has helped you in the clinic that can’t be found in a textbook?
- A lot of people are anxious right now about school transitions after months or a year of homeschooling – how can we smooth the transition?
- What’s important for us as kids redevelop connections and play with each other in person again?
- Emotional development – begins at birth, and more – can you step through emotionally what’s happening at different stages of childhood to develop into an adult brain?
This week’s sponsor:
BlockBlueLight is the world’s leading supplier of blue and artificial light blocking products, they are dedicated to delivering the world’s most optimal and science backed blue light glasses, and blue blocking lighting solutions, aiming to alleviate digital eye strain, improve sleep, and optimise health through mitigating the harmful effects of artificial light from screens, devices, and LED & fluorescent lighting.
BlockBlueLight has a range of lighting products to help light up the home and product biological friendly lighting for different situations, the sweetdreams light bulb gives off a warm amber light to be used throughout the home, and the twilight red light bulbs also remove all green light and are ideal for bedroom lamps and areas in the final hours before bed. They also have handy portable book lights, sleep lamps, and new motion night lights. All of the lighting products are 100% flicker free, low EMF, and verified to emit no blue light.
Offer: Get 15% off all products for the month with code LOWTOXLIFE15
Shop here: http://www.blockbluelight.com.au/
Other Helpful Links:
Know more about Natasha here: https://www.drorganicmommy.com
Enjoy the show,