Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
Do you remember a time when you felt really ‘you’? In flow? Maybe a great sense of boundless energy? The sense that there was something really motivating to wake up for each day in work, love, life? To kick off the new year I invite Lorraine Murphy, author of 3 wonderful books in the past centred around productivity, and now with a new book Step Into You, to discuss this – we talk about alarm bells that things are not going well and you need to pay attention – LOVE Lorraine’s analogy on this, and also talk about some of the tools we can use to bring ourselves back to ourselves – not entirely easy with all the demands that come up in life, often with the busy-ness clouding our own filtering and awareness of when things might not be best for us!
Enjoy the first show of 2022!
Questions I asked Lorraine:
- How do we know we’re not “US” – ie signs we’ve drifted from ourselves or perhaps have never really connected in the first place for cultural/religious/be-good-in-society reasons?
- Can you share a time when you felt really disconnected from yourself?
- What were some pivotal moments/choices that helped you step into YOU again?
- Why is the gap between where women are and where we want to be ‘vast’ in so many cases, as you say in the early part of your book?
- I want to talk about the truth bombs you unleash upfront in the book.
- You then go on to help us all Step into ourselves in expert fashion, and I love that towards the end of the book you discuss strategies for our ‘ME’ to stick – can we talk about resilience fatigue? (and also alignment over balance after that).
About Lorraine Murphy:
Lorraine Murphy is an award-winning entrepreneur, best-selling author, and speaker.
She started her first business – The Remarkables Group – in her spare bedroom in 2012 and that business went on to secure multi-million dollars in turnover.
During her time in that business, Lorraine and the company received several plaudits including being named as one of BRW’s Fast Starters, Entrepreneur of the Year, Emerging Agency of the Year, Content Marketer of the Year and Australian Start-up of the Year – as well as being finalists for the Telstra Business Awards.
Lorraine has featured frequently in media, including The Project, Sunrise, The Today Show, Sydney Morning Herald, Collective Hub, Marie Claire, Sky News, ABC News, and The Australian.
In December 2017, Lorraine sold The Remarkables Group in order to focus on her “soul on fire work” – writing, speaking, and mentoring.
As well as one-on-one mentoring, she has trained brands including Uber, Westpac, Woolworths, and Unilever.
She has published three books, all with Hachette Australia:
- Remarkability (2016) – an entertaining and practical account of the biggest lessons she has learned in her entrepreneurial and business journey
- Get Remarkably Organised (2018) – an infrastructure for both personal and professional success
- Baby, You’re Remarkable (2019) – an honest account and passionate discussion of Lorraine’s experience of becoming a mother and also running her own business
- Step Into You (2022) – the ultimate life guide for recharging, re-focusing and confidently striding into your best future.
- Lorraine lives in Sydney, Australia has been married to fellow entrepreneur Wade for nine years, and is the ridiculously proud mother of their daughter Lexi and son Wilder.
This week’s sponsors:
Coolzy technology has revolutionised portable air conditioners. Coolzy needs no water or exhaust hoses, there’s no installation or mess. This means you can be cool and comfortable wherever you are, even outside in sheltered places.
- Save up to 75% on cooling costs
- Convenient and quiet
- Energy efficient
- Portable and light (17 kg)
- Solution for home office
- Healthier solution due to the fresh air circulation.
Offer: 50% off the tent with a Coolzy purchase and free shipping across Australia with code LOWTOX when you shop at https://www.coolzy.com/au/.
Save time, money & stress and have your meat delivered to your door, with free shipping, Australia-wide. Choose to customise your box with the cuts you want or let ButcherCrowd curate a box of high-quality cuts for you. Both options are perfect for your everyday cooking essentials; with each item perfectly packed, portioned and vacuum sealed for quality and freshness in environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable packaging.
✓ 100% Grass-fed, grass-finished beef & lamb
✓ Free-range, pasture-raised chicken & pork
By buying ButcherCrowd, you’re ensuring your products are sourced from trusted farmers and are:
✓ Free from antibiotics and hormones used for growth promotion
✓ Non-GMO products
✓ Ethically & humanely raised
✓ Carbon neutral products
What is the Exclusive Crowd?
The Exclusive Crowd from ButcherCrowd is only available to Low Tox Life members and is valid until February 18th. When you join on any of their subscriptions, simply use the code LOWTOXLIFE at checkout and it will activate your free meat and you will automatically join the Exclusive Crowd. Claim your exclusive offer here.
Once you’ve joined, over the following 3 months whilst you’re a part of the Exclusive Crowd you will receive up to $170 worth of free meat*.
*Simply try ButcherCrowd out for 3 months and receive bonus meat products in addition to your subscription items. You’ll receive • $170 value of bonus meat products with every new large box subscription; or • $100 value of bonus meat products with every new small box subscription. Bonus items will be curated by ButcherCrowd and are included in your first three boxes. If you are not satisfied with Exclusive Crowd, your membership can be canceled at any time.
Other helpful links:
Step Into You Book Pre-Order: https://lorrainemurphy.com.au/presale/
Enjoy the show,