Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
This week, I interview Dr Stephen Cabral, founder of the EquiLife & the Integrative Health PractitionerInstitute, and Author of the International Best-Selling Book, The Rain Barrel Effect. As a naturopathic doctor, Stephen has helped many around the world and it all started for him when the myriad of health issues in his late teens wasn’t healed conventionally. Steph has performed his studies around the world and brings an east meets west holistic healing approach to his patients. Today we talk about the most common issues that trouble us today, from metabolic disease to thyroid, digestive and immune and what some of the biggest drivers for whole-body health healing are. Enjoy the show!
Questions I asked Stephen:
- Can we talk about your wake-up call and journey towards doing what you do today stemming from a personal health crisis?
- If you look at public health stats (feel free to share some major ones) we are more chronically unwell than we’ve ever been and it’s not just adults, children’s health is suffering too. A lot of people with holistic health views seem to be leaving the system – is this a good thing? Do we not need to fix things from the inside?
- And in terms of the biggest offenders when it comes to health sabotage – what floats to the top for you as the most significant impacts?
- Metabolic/endocrine health is obviously huge when it comes to resilience, immune health, healthy weight, and reducing overall risk factors for a disease but often people find it hard to connect to root causes = especially when they’ve adjusted food, started eating better, and think “but I’m doing everything right” – what other places can people look when things are off in these areas?
- How do we find peace and personal truth in the ‘eat healthy’ exercise healthy when there are narratives out there that contradict each other?
- I don’t know anyone who hasn’t experienced digestive issues over the years – how useful are diagnoses such as IBS or Crohn’s – do they not make us feel like we’re at the endpoint instead of a ‘now come the solutions point’?
- How can we balance conventional treatments and naturopath medicine when something like SIBO or H Pylori hits (maybe chat about what each of these present as?)
- And how important is an individualised diet for patients in their recovery?
- Is this why you’re a fan of the ayurvedic approach focusing on different constitutions/body types?
- What do you believe is a core set of values and disciplines to feel one’s best and also feel healthy in the mind as we go about that (ie we don’t want to be stressed out of our mind following protocols)
About Dr. Stephen Cabral:
Dr. Stephen Cabral developed his passion for health & wellness after going through severe health complications at the age of 17. He saw over 50 different doctors, tried over 100 different treatment protocols, but still saw no hope of
It wasn’t until he met an “alternative” health doctor, who explained where his health complications came from and how he could become well again, that he began his recovery process. It was at this young age that Dr. Cabral knew his life would be dedicated to helping others rebalance their bodies and renew their health.
This led Dr. Cabral to study in the US, completing doctoral intern work overseas, studying with the top doctors, hospitals, and clinics in India, Sri Lanka, China, and Europe. Studying abroad helped Dr. Cabral to develop a completely unique integrative perspective which now allows him to truly uncover the root cause of many elusive health conditions. Dr. of Naturopathy, Ayurvedic and Functional Medicine Specialist, Author of the International Best-Selling Book, The Rain Barrel Effect.
This week’s sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers is the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pets, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
Offer: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on Ausclimate.com.au – Simply enter the discount code of LOWTOXLIFE on check out. This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
Coolzy technology has revolutionised portable air conditioners. Coolzy needs no water or exhaust hoses, there’s no installation or mess. This means you can be cool and comfortable wherever you are, even outside in sheltered places.
- Save up to 75% on cooling costs
- Convenient and quiet
- Energy efficient
- Portable and light (17 kg)
- Solution for home office
- Healthier solution due to the fresh air circulation.
Offer: 50% off the tent with a Coolzy purchase and free shipping across Australia with code LOWTOX.
Save time, money & stress and have your meat delivered to your door, with free shipping, Australia-wide. Choose to customise your box with the cuts you want or let ButcherCrowd curate a box of high-quality cuts for you. Both options are perfect for your everyday cooking essentials; with each item perfectly packed, portioned and vacuum sealed for quality and freshness in environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable packaging.
✓ 100% Grass-fed, grass-finished beef & lamb
✓ Free-range, pasture-raised chicken & pork
By buying ButcherCrowd, you’re ensuring your products are sourced from trusted farmers and are:
✓ Free from antibiotics and hormones used for growth promotion
✓ Non-GMO products
✓ Ethically & humanely raised
✓ Carbon neutral products
What is the Exclusive Crowd?
The Exclusive Crowd from ButcherCrowd is only available to Low Tox Life members and is valid until February 18th. When you join on any of their subscriptions, simply use the code LOWTOXLIFE at checkout and it will activate your free meat and you will automatically join the Exclusive Crowd. Claim your exclusive offer here.
*Simply try ButcherCrowd out for 3 months and receive bonus meat products in addition to your subscription items. You’ll receive • $170 value of bonus meat products with every new large box subscription; or • $100 value of bonus meat products with every new small box subscription. Bonus items will be curated by ButcherCrowd and are included in your first three boxes. If you are not satisfied with Exclusive Crowd, your membership can be canceled at any time.
Other helpful links:
Enjoy a FREE copy of Dr Cabral’s #1 International Bestseller, the Rain Barrel Effect
Enjoy the show,