Love our new show tune in the intro/outro? It’s talented Australian independent artist Melanie Horsnell’s song “Birds”. So proud to support this wonderful Aussie artist and have her grace the show with her wonderful words and song!
Low Tox Club – The place to bring your low tox life to life.
Want to join a community of like minds and enjoy all the perks of being in the Low Tox Life inner circle such as an online membership platform, 50% off all our Low Tox courses, an awesome chat group, my monthly Q&A, and special guest star interviews for just $49AUD ($29USD/28EUR/23pounds) per YEAR? We have created a special place and set of resources to help you achieve your goals and it’s a wonderful place to be – MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION HERE.
Low Tox Life Food – Now available!
It’s packed with inspiration and stories from regenerative farmers, checklists for what to ask about the produce you buy, ways to afford better choices, as well as 80 of Alexx’s most requested recipes for budget-friendly, easily adaptable meals without waste.
If you want to feel more certain and more hopeful about the future of food and our planet, this book is for you – Order yours today!
And on this week’s show!
This week I interview Dr Joseph Cardillo on energy and how we can:
- Increase serotonin
- Ignite the limbic system
- Improve your blood chemistry
- Achieve better results
- Change your physical feelings
- Increase alertness
- Change the frequency of our brainwaves
All by setting ourselves up with musical cues to support us in living our best lives and then? Layer additional cues over the top to amplify the effect of the music with other mediums. We also discuss autopilot vs intentionally living and how to support the raising of awareness required to tune into where we want to direct our lives.
And I share a funny story about Ricky Martin and my friend Nicole! The gen-X kids like me will love this episode because we subconsciously knew it all along that mixtapes make life better! Enjoy the show!
Questions I asked Joseph:
- What contributed to your fascination with the mind-body connection and the desire to explore it and study it to help people? Did it start with you needing help or seeing it ‘out there’ and wanting to do something about it
- A lot of people in modern times feel lacking in energy – beyond the metrics we might measure with adrenal health or leading a busy life with small children or a stressful job – is there something bigger at play with energy and feeling vital?
- How can men and women tap into their unique energy messages to feel more vital?
- In your book “Be Like Water” you talk about what we can learn from Martial arts – can you share some of the most impactful lessons to be learnt there?
- Something else people struggle with a lot is attention and productivity – are we calibrated towards TOO MUCH productivity demanded of us in the modern age, or is it that our brains are suffering and cloudy?
- What can be some of the biggest contributing factors to hinder/impact someone’s focus and attention negatively? And then positively?
- Is multitasking really that bad? Social media?
- How do you feel about the conversations and protocols currently surrounding ADHD – what is the evidence and research currently showing us about how to help our brains best?
- Morning routines: Essential? How personalised and adaptable can we make them without losing the magic of having one?
- What does a week look like for you personally to harness your energy and feel focused and deliver on your highest priorities? When a week goes pear-shaped and unexpected things pop up how do you mentally ensure that doesn’t become a failure story and then throw all great practices out the window, and instead refocus and jump back in with the best way to serve your energy/focus?
About Dr. Joseph Cardillo:
Joseph Cardillo, PhD, is a national leader in holistic healthcare. He is the best-selling author of several books in the fields of health, mind-body-spirit, and psychology. His books include The 12 Rules of Attention: How to Avoid Screw-ups, Free Up Headspace, Do More and Be More at Work; Body Intelligence: Harness Your Body’s Energies for Your Best Life; Your Playlist Can Change Your Life; Can I Have Your Attention: How to Think Fast, Find Your Focus and Sharpen Your Concentration; and the body energy classic, Be Like Water. In addition, he has co-written books for Harvard Health Publications.
Dr. Cardillo is an expert in Attention TrainingTM, mind-body philosophy, and creative thinking and has taught his methods to over 20,000 students at various institutions. His books have been translated into twelve languages. He holds a PhD in holistic psychology and mind-body-medicine. He is a regular contributor to Psychology Today and writes a health column for Live Happy magazine. Feature articles on Dr. Cardillo’s work have appeared in The Chicago Tribune, The Hollywood Reporter, Smithsonian Magazine, The New York Post, The Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, REBOUND (The Official Publication of the
National Basketball Retired Players Association), Family Circle, Women’s Health.Com, Curve, Fitness Magazine, Natural Health, TheTodayShow.Com, Psych Central, Natural Awakenings, and GoodHouseKeeping.com.
This week’s sponsors:
Ausclimate’s highly recommended range of WINIX Air Purifiers is the ideal solution for cleaner, healthier indoor air. Easy to use, reactive features and settings with a truly comprehensive 4-5 stages of purification, including Hospital Grade True HEPA Filtration and Winix’s unique PlasmaWave® technology. Perfect for smoke, dust, pets, viruses, bacteria, household odours, and allergies (covering a variety of allergens). Breathe easier, sleep better and feel better. Winix; the most complete air-purifiers on the market!
Offer: Ausclimate is now giving all Low Tox Life followers an EXTRA 10% OFF their already discounted prices on Ausclimate.com.au – Simply enter the discount code of LOWTOXLIFE on check out. This discount can also be redeemed for over-the-phone orders verbally.
Save time, money & stress and have your meat delivered to your door, with free shipping, Australia-wide. Choose to customise your box with the cuts you want or let ButcherCrowd curate a box of high-quality cuts for you. Both options are perfect for your everyday cooking essentials; with each item perfectly packed, portioned and vacuum sealed for quality and freshness in environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable packaging.
✓ 100% Grass-fed, grass-finished beef & lamb
✓ Free-range, pasture-raised chicken & pork
By buying ButcherCrowd, you’re ensuring your products are sourced from trusted farmers and are:
✓ Free from antibiotics and hormones used for growth promotion
✓ Non-GMO products
✓ Ethically & humanely raised
✓ Carbon neutral products
What is the Exclusive Crowd?
The Exclusive Crowd from ButcherCrowd is only available to Low Tox Life members and is valid until February 18th. When you join on any of their subscriptions, simply use the code LOWTOXLIFE at checkout and it will activate your free meat and you will automatically join the Exclusive Crowd. Claim your exclusive offer here.
Once you’ve joined, over the following 3 months whilst you’re a part of the Exclusive Crowd you will receive up to $170 worth of free meat*.
*Simply try ButcherCrowd out for 3 months and receive bonus meat products in addition to your subscription items. You’ll receive • $170 value of bonus meat products with every new large box subscription; or • $100 value of bonus meat products with every new small box subscription. Bonus items will be curated by ButcherCrowd and are included in your first three boxes. If you are not satisfied with Exclusive Crowd, your membership can be canceled at any time.
Other helpful links:
Enjoy the show,